How Can Outside Users Authenticate to a Web App Without a Login Screen?

12-04-2022 05:10 PM
raydeen
New Contributor II

I have a browser-based (web) application that includes map data I load using the ArGIS JavaScript API. The web page with the map loading includes an API key. I load a lot of open source government data, publicly available features layers, etc. I also have feature layers hosted on arcgis.com. 

However, I can only load my hosted feature layers if I set them to public access. If I change the access setting to My Organization, my hosted feature layer will not load. 

The browser-based app that contains the GIS features described above in an internal application, and the users, though identified through Active Directory are not known to my organization. 

I understand that I'll probably need OAuth2 to authenticate, but I cannot have my users see an ESRI (or any kind of) login page. They just need to use the map functionality like any other feature in their application. 

So, how can I authenticate users transparently so they can see my organization feature layers without a login screen? Thank you.

0 Kudos
0 Replies