How can I track usage statistics for all items in my AGOL organization?

05-05-2017 08:58 AM
DavidDooley
New Contributor II

I am looking to clean up old items that haven't been used in years in our ArcGIS Online organization page. Is there a way to export a csv of all the items in my organization with a last used date? I know you can see last modified date and created date but I cant seem to find the last used or last access date anywhere. I know it can be done for individual services in the "View Status" tab but I need to do this in a batch process.

7 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Last modified is the only documented field that you can query at the item level. You may be able to monitor requests from the usage tab to get more details on views, but this is not a documented workflow.

-Kelly

0 Kudos
NicholeSalinger
New Contributor III

I would like to see an automatic dashboard for content created and shared within the organization to keep track of usage statistics and history. 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hey Nichole,

what usage statistics and history would you like to see in the dashboard? number of views? Views over time? changes to web apps over time?

NicholeSalinger
New Contributor III

Sorry for the delay in responding. 

Ideally, I'd like to see user engagement with the web app in order to better understand how the map is being used. 

• number of views per [set time period]
  • Number of unique users who have viewed per [set time period]
  • Number of query successes/failures

I'm sure that I could come up with some other useful user/usage information that I could monitor - especially when needing to justify additional resources to a project.   

MelissaNorthey
Occasional Contributor

I see that this is old, but it's the closest thing to what I'm looking for today.  I'm looking to bring a dashboard of our usage statistics to our internal users (embed in SharePoint).  Management would like to see how many users are logging in per month, how many new features, maps, apps are created, how many new accounts, how many hits per month for key apps, etc.  They basically want to see how active our City is in utilizing our AGOL organizational account.  It appears that the dashboard that can be created requires layers, which isn't exactly what I'm trying to do.  I want to bring a customized, live version of what I see when I get into my organization status tabs.  Is there a method for this?

GeneH_Chesco
New Contributor III

I'd like an easy way to see which web maps in my organization use a particular layer. Usage shows number of views and when, but I'd like to know where.

MattWilkie1
Occasional Contributor II

See the Idea for API access to the usage statistics per item https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-online-ideas/access-raw-rest-api-data-from-agol-feature-service... which would be a necessary step towards creating a cohesive usage report.

0 Kudos