How can I change the order of popups on an ArcGIS Online Map

Jump to solution
10-03-2014 01:15 PM
BrianShepard
Occasional Contributor

I have 3 layers (2 point and 1 line) that coincide, let's call them A, B, and C.  I have tried several things to get the popup order to be A (1 of 3), B,(2 of 3), C (3 of 3): ordering the layers in Content with A on top, then B, then C; renaming them so that they are in alphabetical order; creating copies of the layers in a specific order.  No matter what I try, the popups appear in the order B, A, C.  They don't seem to order in the order they appear in Content or the Legend, alphabetically, or in order of creation/modification.  Is there any way to force one layer's popup to display 1st, or specify the order in which the popups display?

Tags (2)
48 Replies
BenCunningham
New Contributor III

I see this comment is from 2021. Is this fastest wins approach still the case in 2023?? @RhettZufelt did you ever find an answer to this?

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Has this issue been resolved? This is getting to be a real need as we are pushing Portal/AGOL webmaps more to our clients with more data in them. it is unfortunate they have to click multiple times, or click the arrow to cycle through results. 

thanks

Dan

TiffanyTuro
New Contributor III

Hi Mike, 

I am wondering if there is any update to this pop up question.  The goal is to be able to establish the order the user sees the pop-ups in, to set a priority to the pop-ups.  

Thank you.

Da-WeiLiou
New Contributor III

Has this issue been solved ?  Thanks.

Da-Wei

0 Kudos
TiffanyTuro
New Contributor III
Yes, solved.
0 Kudos
Da-WeiLiou
New Contributor III

Could you direct me to the answer ?  Thank you so much!

Da-Wei

0 Kudos
TiffanyTuro
New Contributor III
Oops, sorry, I thought this was referring to another idea I posted. This one has not been resolved, and I get the feeling it will never be. Sorry.
0 Kudos
MalcolmJ
Occasional Contributor II

I would agree with the other commenters that it would be useful to be able to set the pop-up order, even if it makes the pop-up return slightly slower. That way users could decide if its worth the performance hit or not.

jessemaps
Occasional Contributor

There's an idea related to this to vote on here: https://community.esri.com/ideas/6548

MaryMillus
New Contributor II

As others have already expressed, I too would like the popups to order in a particular way.  It is frustrating that we can't match popups to the layers in the TOC.  "Speed" determines this order...?  Come on ESRI, that doesn't make sense.  We are providing information to viewers in a manner that makes sense--that should come first.        

@ Mike Minami Esri Education Team