Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted layers showing up black

yesterday
EdColeman
Emerging Contributor

I'm having an issue with newly added hosted web layers.  I can host them, add them to a map in pro, and edit their symbology with no problem.  However, when I add them to one of my existing viewers the layers turn out black regardless of what changes I make to fill color, stroke color, or transparency.  I've been trying to troubleshoot this on my own but I'm not finding anything relevant.  Could anyone shed some light on the subject for me?  Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,

Edward

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Have you tried deleting the hosted layers and republishing them from Pro?

Another thing you can try is to publish the whole map that includes those layers from Pro to ArcGIS Online (AGOL).

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
EdColeman
Emerging Contributor

Hello Ed.  

Yes, I did try deleting and republishing with the same result.  I can't publish the whole map as this is an edit for an existing viewer.  If I'm guessing correctly, it's looking like I need to rebuild the viewer from scratch (may be too old), but I'm trying to avoid that if at all possible.

0 Kudos
Ed_
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

Now I don't exactly know what you mean by "viewer" I am assuming you are referring to Map Viewer (not classic). Yeah, if all else fails then yes maybe try creating it from scratch.

It could also be a rendering issue on the browser end. Maybe clearing the browser cache and restarting your computer can help.

Question | Analyze | Visualize
0 Kudos
EmilyGeo
Esri Contributor

Hi @EdColeman

One thing to keep in mind is to make sure you check on Use symbol types compatible with all clients when publishing from Pro.

There are more tips that might help in this support article: https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/how-to-preserve-symbology-when-publishing-data-to-arcg...

0 Kudos