Hosted Feature Service Supported Operations?

Jump to solution
06-16-2021 03:22 PM
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I have an AGOL hosted feature service that is publicly shared.

Currently it looks like the only Supported Operation, as shown in the REST endpoint, is Query.

JayJohnsonWashoeCounty_0-1623882145235.png

Are other capabilities such as Identify (which we see in ArcServer services) possible?

Jay
Washoe County GIS
1 Solution
5 Replies
DylanT_EsriCanada
Esri Contributor

Hi @JayJohnsonWashoeCounty, have you seen this page: https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/10.8/publish-services/windows/editor-permissions-for-feature...

From the above link: "Feature services allow you to control what types of edits users can make to the service. You do this by enabling or disabling operations and properties on the Feature Access tab of the Service Editor in ArcMap."

0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

It is looking to me like perhaps the Identify operation is specific to Map Services and doesn't apply to Feature Services.  Can anyone confirm this suspicion?

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty

Dylan,

The service was published to AGOL by another organization, so I don't have control over the "dynamic" functionality.  

One of your links, however, led me to the answer I needed about the capabilities of services.  "Identify" is only an Operation available for Map Services, not Feature Services.  So thanks for that!

Jay
Washoe County GIS
DylanT_EsriCanada
Esri Contributor

@JayJohnsonWashoeCounty Whoops, sorry for the confusion! Glad you found the right documentation link to answer your question.

0 Kudos