Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted Feature layer notifications

04-13-2023 11:58 AM
Labels (2)
SLouq
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I have workers in the field doing hydrant inspections using Survey123. When they submit the form, it updates a hosted feature layer which I can access in my ArcGIS Pro document. I was wondering since I update a hydrant feature class with the information they are publishing in the hosted feature layer, is there a way for me to get a notification whenever that hosted feature layer is updated? Instead of me just having to remember to check it everyday to see if it's been updated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
24 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

They really messup up the access to REST service through item details a couple "udates" ago, especially with secure services.

So, now if it is secured (not avail to public), you need to do the r-click thing to get it to pass token properly and forward you to the correct server.

The link you post in the init.json to the HFS will not load in a browser directly without the token required message if your service is not public.  However, the script also passes the credentials of user in your org with access to it, so the token is generated behind the scene, and the script should have access.

R_

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

I think you have provided enough information for me to figure this out. I will keep trying until I get the Status = Completed answer you provided.

0 Kudos
RhettZufelt
MVP Notable Contributor

Use the copy icon below the View.  This should give the full https://services7.arcgis.com/..../FeatureServer url.

You will then need to pass an AGOL username and password that has access to that feature service in the init.json or you will get token issues.

R_

0 Kudos
SLouq
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks for all the help with this. I think I know what I need to do now. 

0 Kudos
StrathconaBTS
Occasional Contributor
Hosted feature layer webhooks enable automated notifications, updates, and limitless other integrations triggered by events in your hosted feature layer. In this session, learn how to set up a webhook on your hosted feature layer, then leverage a webhook provider to drill down to feature-level ...
0 Kudos