Hosted Feature Layer not displayed correctly in existing map

Jump to solution
06-02-2023 02:43 AM
ClaudiaFries
New Contributor III

Dear esri community,

I just recognized a strange behaviour of a hosted feature layer and have no idea what causes this.

Source was a simple polygon layer (survey blocks), displayed with outline (no fill colour) and labelled with block number. --> Uploaded to AGOL --> no error message.

If I add the new uploaded hosted feature layer to a NEW map --> then it is displayed correctly.

But If I add the layer in web app application (via "Add data" button) to an existing map, then only the labels are shown up. I can not see the polygon boundary lines. Some screenshots below.

I already exported the source file to new feature - everything seems to be fine with the source. Contains only 14 simple  features. So file size / feature count should not be the issue.

Background: I manage a AEC portal for our client and built up a web app to enable the client to access the data. Because of amount of data the existing map only shows the main items, additional items can be added by the client itself. So creating a new map cannot be the solution.

Does anyone have any ideas on what might help?

Many thanks in advance!

BR, Claudia

survey blocks in new map:

ClaudiaFries_1-1685698819477.png

same, added to existing map via WebApp:

ClaudiaFries_2-1685698878226.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

How was the data "Uploaded to AGOL"?

Displayed correctly in "NEW map".  Was that using Map Viewer Classic (since you are using WebApp), or new (beta) map viewer? (any map used in WebApp builder is best configured with Classic viewer)

If shared from Pro, did you enable the compatible with all clients option so that the Classic version can utilize them as well?

RhettZufelt_0-1685720996135.png

R_

View solution in original post

2 Replies
RhettZufelt
MVP Frequent Contributor

How was the data "Uploaded to AGOL"?

Displayed correctly in "NEW map".  Was that using Map Viewer Classic (since you are using WebApp), or new (beta) map viewer? (any map used in WebApp builder is best configured with Classic viewer)

If shared from Pro, did you enable the compatible with all clients option so that the Classic version can utilize them as well?

RhettZufelt_0-1685720996135.png

R_

ClaudiaFries
New Contributor III

That was a valuable hint and it saved my day! 
Indeed, I shared from Pro, but I didn't have the "compatible with all clients" option enabled.

Much better now... it is displayed correctly. (In fact, the map and app were created quite a while ago, using the old Map Viewer - now Classic - and Web App Builder.)

Thank you so much!!!

Best regards from Berlin! 🙂
Claudia

0 Kudos