Hide class name in Map Viewer legend

Jump to solution
10-15-2021 11:03 AM
Boyang_Wang
Occasional Contributor II

Hello,

I'd like to hide class name in Map Viewer legend, and thus in Web AppBuilder. For example, the point features symbology are classified using Graduated Symbols based on a field called FTG_Tot. How can I remove this name from the legend?

help1.JPG

The line features symbology is classified by Unique Values. If I leave the class name box in below screenshot blank, I can remove the field name in the legend, as you can see from the first screenshot.

help2.JPG

However, in Graduated Symbols setting, there is no class name box, so the classification field name becomes the class name, and I guess that's the reason that the name shows up in legend. 

help3.JPG

Is there a way to remove this class name in the legend for Graduated Symbols, either in ArcGIS Pro or Map Viewer? 

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Maybe a workaround. Try this in Map Viewer (Classic) of ArcGIS Online.

1. Go to "Configure Popup" option for the concerned layer.

JayantaPoddar_0-1634325137884.png

2. Click "Configure Attribute" > For the Field Alias of the particular field, put a blank space (space bar). 

JayantaPoddar_1-1634325463704.png

Save the map, and create an app in web appbuilder. I expect the same would also reflect in the app as well.

Think Location

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Maybe a workaround. Try this in Map Viewer (Classic) of ArcGIS Online.

1. Go to "Configure Popup" option for the concerned layer.

JayantaPoddar_0-1634325137884.png

2. Click "Configure Attribute" > For the Field Alias of the particular field, put a blank space (space bar). 

JayantaPoddar_1-1634325463704.png

Save the map, and create an app in web appbuilder. I expect the same would also reflect in the app as well.

Think Location
Boyang_Wang

This method does work - and it works in new Map Viewer @JaredPilbeam2 too - unless I want that field to show in popup. I don't mind duplicating the field, one for legend display with no class name, and another for popup display. Thanks!

NataliyaLys

That worked for me too, in the new map viewer.

0 Kudos