Hi there, i am collecting covid-19 cases using survey 123, i have collected 4 cases over a period of 4days with each day having one case and 3 of the cases in one county and the last case being in a different county. In my web map i would like to display

04-22-2020 05:49 AM
PatrickOchaya
New Contributor

Hi there, i am collecting covid-19 cases using survey 123, i have collected 4 cases over a period of 4days with each day having one case and 3 of the cases in one county and the last case being in a different county. In my web map i would like to display the cases using dot proportions where the county with 3 will have a bigger dot than the county with 1 case. How can i sum the individual cases of the four days without into maybe one dot per county while also maintaining the date and details of collection of each case? Currently each case appears as dot of its own on the web map.

In the long run i want to generate a graph of variation of cases by date.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Patrick Ochaya‌,

In the web map you can use clustering to make a merge the 3 points at higher scales and then they will split into the 3 dots as you zoom in on your map?

Otherwise you can spatially join the points to county polygons which will create a count field. You would then add the new polygon layer to the map and symbolise it with Counts and Amounts (Size).

It sounds like you are going to need to have 2 layers for what you want to show as when you spatially join the dots to the county polygon to get counts you will lose a lot of data. I would use the point layer to create my charts and the polygon layer for symbolising on the map.

Happy to discuss further!

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

Is your data stored in enterprise database? or everything stored on arcgis online?

If you data are stored in enterprise database and your services are running on your portal/server, then I think I can give a solution that will allow you to publish a map service which will do dynamic aggregation and show the latest count as new data comes in.

0 Kudos