Help!!! Can no longer upload shapefiles to AGOL

Jump to solution
05-31-2019 07:13 AM
WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

I am suddenly unable to upload any new shapefiles to my ArcGIS Online organization. It was working fine last week, and I am doing the same workflows and nothing works, it starts to upload and then just hangs indefinitely. I installed the latest patch in ArcGIS Pro thinking that would work, but it made no difference. All warnings during the Analyze process have been dealt with. Here is an outline of what I have tried:

Uploading by sharing to my ArcGIS Online organization via ArcMap 10.7

Starts to upload, but hangs indefinitely at "server-side post processing..."

Direct upload to AGOL via a zipped shapefile

Hangs at "Creating service"

Share as Web Layer from ArcGIS Pro 2.3.3

Starts to upload, but hangs indefinitely at "Uploading Service Definition"

I have tried to reproject the layer to web mercator and the same thing has happened. I also tried to add the layer (point) to a file geodatabase and then upload, but that didn't work either. 

I also tried other shapefiles that have worked in the past and they also no longer work. 

Please help! I have some important layers to get to my field crews but no way to upload them to AGOL and I am out of ideas. 

I have attached the job log from ArcGIS Pro. At 9:14:15 I had clicked cancel on the job because it had been hanging for 13 minutes (it hung in the same place yesterday for an hour before I cancelled it).

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KaraO_Neill1
New Contributor III

Just spoke with Esri tech support. If your feature services are being uploaded to the following server, there is a known that just started yesterday and they are working to fix it now.  

Click your content and check the URL to see for sure if the number '3' is after the services. If so, that is the issue. 

View solution in original post

11 Replies
KaraO_Neill1
New Contributor III

I have been searching endlessly for the same question. I have tried uploading shapefiles through zip files too. Publishing maps instead of feature services and nothing is working including the WGS84 transformation. I am supposed to be sending people to the field on Monday and haven't been able to upload data for two days! This is beyond frustrating. Will be closely following, wondering if we should report an issue. 

WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

Sorry to hear you are having the same issue, I am beyond frustrated with this and have spent way too much time on it. How do we report an issue? (I am new to esri support). 

0 Kudos
KaraO_Neill1
New Contributor III

I just started a chat actually and copied this thread into the chat. Stay tuned.... and yes what should take a total of 5 minutes has turned into 2 days.

KaraO_Neill1
New Contributor III

Also I am trying a speed test on my machine over the internet. So far those results are not good... that could be another issue. 

**Update - My speed test is fine. I just uploaded to other cloud based sites and it was fast. 

WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

I just did the same thing and got 134.1 Mbps download and 132.6 Mbps upload so I think I am good there. 

0 Kudos
KaraO_Neill1
New Contributor III

The tech is calling me. FYI.

KaraO_Neill1
New Contributor III

Just spoke with Esri tech support. If your feature services are being uploaded to the following server, there is a known that just started yesterday and they are working to fix it now.  

Click your content and check the URL to see for sure if the number '3' is after the services. If so, that is the issue. 

WillArellano
Occasional Contributor

Thank you! That does seem to be my problem!

0 Kudos
Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Been following the conversation to see if this might affect me as well.....glad that it seems you found the cause of the issue!

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious, but in case you didn't know, you can check to see if there are any known issues currently happening with ArcGIS Online by checking the ArcGIS Online Health Dashboard:

https://status.arcgis.com/ 

Looks like they have "Feature Publishing" marked as having intermittent issues. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek