Has anyone used the RTK locator from Metrotec and VIVAX

01-26-2023 11:20 AM
RobertBorchert
Frequent Contributor III

Our company has an underground location from Metrotec/Vivax and it uses a web application called VMMAP.

In the VMMAP page there is an option to Sync to ArcGIS Online.

I have created a connection to a service I created for the RTX data

I have matched the fields from VMMAX to my FeatureService.

However, there no instructions in their knowledgebase for this and I cannot determine how to push or sync the data with my ArcGIS Online account. 

Anyone here have experience. 

The only email contacts for the company are for sales.  I have written to two separate locations. 

There knowledge base has no help documents that pertain. 

6 Replies
RWATT
by
New Contributor III

Hi Robert,

Did you ever figure this out? I'd be curious to hear anything you learned about integrating these two systems.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
RWATT
by
New Contributor III

I did eventually solve this with the help of the VM team. It's a little bit convoluted, but the basic tricks are that you need them to "upgrade" your account if it isn't setup as multi-user yet and your layer needs to contain sub-layers per point type. 

BenjiSchwartz
New Contributor

Hello, have you synced this with Field maps at all?  I was hoping to collect data from the metrotec and have it directly log it in field maps.

RWATT
by
New Contributor III

Hi Benji,

I did have success with this and we are using it regularly. Could you share a little more about what issues you're facing, or what you've tried already?

0 Kudos
TylerJones
New Contributor III

@RWATT , we just got a VLoc RTK. Is there a published feature class, your org or VM’s, that has the same schema/fields as the basic suggestions coming from VM for field mapping? The only thing I saw was a .pdf of the mapping process. 
thanks, 

RWATT
by
New Contributor III

I unfortunately don't have anything to share. The field names can be anything and are mapped in the VM process, so it might not be that useful anyways.

Best,