group not appearing in share

Jump to solution
04-27-2018 07:52 AM
PaulaLazrus
New Contributor III

I have created a group in our org account for my students.  I've added all the students, yet neither they, nor I can 'share' to the group as the group doesn't appear in share. Not sure what is up.  This did not happen previously when I created groups but it has meant they can't work on projects together.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you created the group which option did you choose for "what items in the group can its members update?"

If you choose "All Items" this group is considered to have "update capabilities"
 and will not appear in the share dialog. To share to this group go to the content page > choose an item > click share > choose "access and update capabilities" and you will see the group.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you created the group which option did you choose for "what items in the group can its members update?"

If you choose "All Items" this group is considered to have "update capabilities"
 and will not appear in the share dialog. To share to this group go to the content page > choose an item > click share > choose "access and update capabilities" and you will see the group.

0 Kudos
PaulaLazrus
New Contributor III

Thanks Kate:

After multiple tries asking this question through geonet I finally had found someone who noted that I needed do this through 'my content'. I was completely unclear to me from the other entries how to make the choices for Access appear, and even from that it was really just by poking around that I realized that if I checked the box by the file the 'share' option with access etc appeared!

Anyway, this is helpful and the problem resolved. Thanks so much for getting back to me.

Paula

Paula Kay Lazrus, Ph.D.

Associate Professor

Institute for Core Studies

St. John's University

St. John's Hall B3a-1

8000 Utopia Parkway

Queens, NY 11439

718-990-2685