GoogleSheets wont update in content page "Error Cloud drive file not found."

07-18-2021 10:23 PM
wlavell
New Contributor II

Hi 

I have 4 tables I am uploading to AGOL and will be updating them on a monthly basis.  When I click the update layer it finds the GoogleSheets but then I get an error

"Error
Cloud drive file not found."

I have not changed the file name or made any changes.  I was in fact testing this to make sure that the functionality will work as needed. But it seems it does not.

Trouble shooting so far
- Checked field names for underscores
- no calculations
- no pivot tables

There must be something in the configuration that is not set up correctly. 

Note ***
I tested with a static CSV file and AGOL is able to update and overwrite the file when using a static CSV file but not with a GoogleSheet.  I could technically download from GoogleDrive and then update the CSV and then reupload etc... and then overwrite the file on AGOL. But no need for that. 

Any tips or support would be helpful

10 Replies
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

Are there any errors in Chrome dev tools console tab?

0 Kudos
blairtinker
New Contributor II

There are no errors in the console when I have this issue...

0 Kudos
JamieMangan
New Contributor

I'm having the same issue as well.

0 Kudos
blairtinker
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue!

The hosted layer creates fine (even with calculated fields), but the update just doesn't work and I get the error "Cloud Drive file not found".  If I click on the link in the hosted layer overview for "Created from" it opens the file fine. 

One thing that I thought was very odd is that even though this is definitely a google sheet, and I select "Google Sheet" in the dropdown when browsing for the file, when I go through the process the next step says it's a Microsoft Excel file.  It also says that in the hosted layer "Created from" area.  I wonder if this file type mismatch is confusing things on update?  I would really love to get this to work so any solutions or work arounds would be great.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi everyone, this is a bug related to the New Item redesign. Please send me an email at pklingman@esri.com with your customer number and I can get your accounts attached. Alternatively you can contact Support and request to be attached to BUG-000141676. This should be fixed at the next ArcGIS Online update. 

0 Kudos
CandaceFallon
New Contributor

Thanks for this info, Peter. I'm having issues with this bug as well. Do you know when the next ArcGIS Online update will occur? 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Candace - it's planned for mid-late September at this point. 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
CandaceFallon
New Contributor
Thanks!
0 Kudos
JamieMangan
New Contributor

Has this update gone through yet? I'm still experiencing this error.

0 Kudos