Get list of services used by application's

Jump to solution
07-16-2019 09:54 AM
MRReddy
Occasional Contributor

Hello

Is there any way to get list of services used by applications/maps

we don't have a track/list maintained from long and we were trying to find unused or duplicates services

Any suggestions .

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi MR,

> Is there any way to get list of services used by applications/maps

I believe you can use the ArcGIS API for Python to query for this info, specifically by finding relationships between items,

Managing your content | ArcGIS for Developers

Another option, you could use the GeoJobe Admin tools, see this blog
#WednesdayWisdom – How to View Item Dependencies in ArcGIS Online

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DerekLaw

Hi MR,

> Is there any way to get list of services used by applications/maps

I believe you can use the ArcGIS API for Python to query for this info, specifically by finding relationships between items,

Managing your content | ArcGIS for Developers

Another option, you could use the GeoJobe Admin tools, see this blog
#WednesdayWisdom – How to View Item Dependencies in ArcGIS Online

Hope this helps,

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Derek,

I just looked into the the GeoJobe Admin blog that you linked. After looking a bit at the software, it seems that you need at least a Pro version of the software to be able to view dependencies (which is $500/year). Is this correct?

Do you know if there has been any discussion about adding this functionality to the standard administration tools within ArcGIS Online? 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek
0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Katherine,

> After looking a bit at the software, it seems that you need at least a Pro version of the software to be able to view dependencies (which is $500/year). Is this correct?

The Admin tools are created by GeoJob, so I can't answer this question. Sorry. Please contact GeoJob directly (there is a contact link at the bottom of the page).

> Do you know if there has been any discussion about adding this functionality to the standard administration tools within ArcGIS Online?

Please vote for these enhancements:

Processing ArcGIS Online Service Updates More Effectively (see 3rd item)

https://community.esri.com/ideas/7244 

Hope this helps,

Katie_Clark
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks, Derek! I voted and commented on the idea. 

Best,
Katie

“The goal is not simply to ‘work hard, play hard.’ The goal is to make our work and our play indistinguishable.”
- Simon Sinek