Galleries don't load since April 13th update

Jump to solution
04-15-2021 07:45 AM
ScottKiley
Occasional Contributor II

I have a number of galleries that aren't loading since the April 13th update. They seem to be stuck trying pass the credentials token. They end up just bouncing back and forth between trying to load and going back over and over again without me doing anything.

When I try to go into the gallery to configure it, it cycles between the two images I have attached.

I also have some older galleries that get stuck showing the following message:

"There are no public items in the configured group or no items have been shared with this group yet."

This happens even though the group has content and I am signed in with a user who is a member of the group. (The group owner actually.)

The attached image title Gallery_Problem3.jpg shows this issue.

These sites are using the older homepage. I've tried switching them to the new home page and adding gallery items to it from the same groups, but when I try to make the new home page active it doesn't stick right away. It eventually switches, but seems to take a while.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ScottKiley

Update: The problem is no longer happening. The bug must've been fixed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
IanWittenmyer1
New Contributor II

Hi Scott, yes we deployed a patch to address this issue.   It had to do with some cookie related changes made at the platform level and the version of the Javascript API used by the older apps, especially those in mature support did not initially get the fix.  I would encourage you to take a look at the Category Gallery app as an alternative to the Maps and Apps Gallery moving forward. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ScottKiley

Update: The problem is no longer happening. The bug must've been fixed.

0 Kudos
IanWittenmyer1
New Contributor II

Hi Scott, yes we deployed a patch to address this issue.   It had to do with some cookie related changes made at the platform level and the version of the Javascript API used by the older apps, especially those in mature support did not initially get the fix.  I would encourage you to take a look at the Category Gallery app as an alternative to the Maps and Apps Gallery moving forward. 

0 Kudos
ScottKiley

Thanks Ian,

We use the new app galleries and will use the current versions when making new galleries. We support a number of AGO sites and many were built out when previous galleries were in support. We update them as we get to them.

0 Kudos
IanWittenmyer1
New Contributor II

Glad to hear it.  Feel free to reach out if you have any additional requirements. 

0 Kudos