Format a text field in a pop-up to display multiple hyperlinks based on specific text

01-24-2019 01:42 PM
JulieScott-Ashe4
New Contributor III

I have an attribute that is a text field. I'd like to display this attribute in a pop-up with different portions of the text hyperlinked to different urls. For example: "Development Activities are prohibited as per the Parks Art." 

Development Activities would link to one url while Parks Act would link to another. 

We've managed to find text strings and create a unique hyperlink but we're struggling with how to embed that back into the full attribute text.

Thanks for any ideas.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

Julie- 

I know this was a long time ago, curious if you ever find a way to accomplish this?  I am now finding a need to do the same with an attribute field of descriptions that could be empowered with linked text.  

Thanks-

Kate

0 Kudos
KateCarlson
Occasional Contributor

I always seem to do this, find a solution after asking!  I am going to try this route, adding the HTML code directly to the attribute field. Example from my dataset:

<div>Residents gathered to protest George Floyd’s murder and call for change on May 26 on the street where he died, in the 3700 block of Chicago Avenue South in Minneapolis.
<a href="https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/" rel="nofollow ugc" target="_blank">Blacks are 3 times more likely to be killed by police.</a></div>

Open to other suggestions, but this works for now!

Kate

0 Kudos