For Organizations: Groups Not Working?

Jump to solution
10-03-2013 11:27 AM
JamesCucinelli
Occasional Contributor II
Anyone noticing this?

I haven't used the groups feature in a long time but my users are not seeing the maps that I put in the groups.

Any help would be appreciated.

James Cucinelli
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JamesCucinelli
I just checked again and it's working now.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
AkosKisreti1
Occasional Contributor
Hi James,

What kind of items have you shared with your users? Web maps that contains feature services?

First check if these layers are also shared with the group.

Akos
0 Kudos
JamesCucinelli
It doesn't make sense that we are having trouble because it's a public map.
0 Kudos
JamesCucinelli
I just checked again and it's working now.
0 Kudos
GregYetman
Occasional Contributor
I'm having the same issue when sharing an app with a group. The app (no content, just a basemap) is public (link below), when I share it to a group it does not show up in the list of items in the group.

http://apps4halifax.maps.arcgis.com/apps/OnePane/basicviewer/index.html?appid=1b661f5d21f5460a85cfc9...
0 Kudos
GregYetman
Occasional Contributor
OK, I think I figured out what is going on in my org. I published a web map with the basemap service, shared it publicly and with the basemaps group that is part of the site. I then authored an app from a template that used the web map and shared it with a different group on the site (apps). Even though the web map was public, because it was shared with another group (basemaps) and not the apps group I was trying to share the application with, the app does not show up in the apps group. If I share the web map with the apps group, the app that uses it can be shared with the apps group. If I share the web map with no groups (but leave the public sharing set), it also can be shared with the apps group.

I'm not sure if that's a bug or a feature :confused:
0 Kudos
MichaelLohr
I have been using groups all along and have quite a few maps in about 10 different groups, some public some private. They seem to be working as they always did.

I have seen first hand, issues with access to maps converted to web apps for private groups, but they always showed up in the group, just some people couldn't open them.
0 Kudos
BurlingtonStrachan
New Contributor
It seems group content is not working again for desktop users.

Via iphone and android apps it is working however.  How is this even possible?

Burlington
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
We are experiencing heavy loads on our servers, which is impacting the system's search ability and returning items from a search (listing content from a group is actually a search and so is viewing My Content). We are working to resolve these problems.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos