Federation using ArcGIS Online account to authenticate to a third-party IDP

12-17-2019 06:22 AM
TimSexton1
Occasional Contributor

I need clarification as to whether or not Esri supports federation for using an ArcGIS Online or Portal account to authenticate into a third-party identity provider (IDP) rather than using a third-party to authenticate into ArcGIS Online/Portal. All of the Esri federation documentation on the web is showing how to use federation to authenticate into Esri.  I would like to use Esri to authenticate into a third-party IDP.  Similar to "login with Google", I would like the ability to "login with Esri".

Below is what I'm looking for:

• Does Esri provide OpenId Connect userinfo endpoint in addition to OAuth named user login?
    • If the answer to above is yes, then does the endpoint provide access to a persistent identifier for a user (data which is not volatile, ie. not a subject to change when user decides to change it)?
  • If OpenId Connect userinfo is not a possibility, then:
    • Can the enterprise login, more precisely SAML federation, be extended to expose ArcGIS enterprise identity as an Identity Provider for an external system?
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DouglasCochran
Occasional Contributor II

Currently we do not expose ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise as as 3rd party Identity Provider. I suggest creating an Ideas post to help track interest by others for this capability.  

Thanks!

0 Kudos