Features Visible in Map Viewer Classic But Not in Map Viewer

Jump to solution
03-17-2022 08:35 AM
Labels (3)
GRmapper
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I noticed some features I had created in ArcGIS Pro were not showing up in my AGOL dashboard. I tried a couple things and noticed that when I opened the Web Map in Map Viewer Classic they were there

Map-Viewer-Classic.png

but when viewed in Map Viewer they were no longer visible.

Map-Viewer.png

They are visible and editable, etc in ArcGIS Pro. The gap is due to some old digitizing where the lines were run up to the edge extents of a global map and not edge matched. I did edge match the line in question.

I'd be interested in hearing if anyone else has run into such a strange behavior.

Thanks in advance.

GR

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GRmapper
Occasional Contributor

Got it. When I looked at the underlying source layer I noticed the line went well beyond the eastern most map extents. I clipped that section off and digitized it within the western most extents and all was good.  Thanks for the help and inspiration. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

do you see the same thing if you create a fresh webmap and dashboard?

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the map or layer?

0 Kudos
GRmapper
Occasional Contributor

Russel I really can’t which is always problematic when asking good folks for help. I’ll try and sanitize the data a bit. 

0 Kudos
GRmapper
Occasional Contributor

Bill,

Thanks for the reply. I didn’t really rebuild anything but I did save as to a new version -Copy and got the same result. 

0 Kudos
GRmapper
Occasional Contributor

Got it. When I looked at the underlying source layer I noticed the line went well beyond the eastern most map extents. I clipped that section off and digitized it within the western most extents and all was good.  Thanks for the help and inspiration.