Features not displaying in print from ArcGIS Online

07-11-2017 11:52 AM
BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

I am having issues printing from the Web Application builder print widget and the ArcGIS Online map viewer print function. Basemap layers will print fine, but features from my feature service are not being displayed in the image/file that is generated for printing.

When I try to print I get the labels from the features displayed, just not the symbols for the features.The feature service is a secured service running on our organization's 10.3.1 ArcGIS Server registered as an item within ArcGIS Online.

I get the same experience whether I use the print service available in ArcGIS Online or a print service running from our ArcGIS Server environment.

Attached is a screenshot generated from a print from the web application builder 

And from ArcGIS Online directly:

Tags (2)
35 Replies
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

What are the features in your feature service?

Point/Line/Polygon?

Do they have Z values enabled when you published them?

BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

They are point features without the Z values enabled.

JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Ok, I have a ticket open with Esri Support where Z Enabled features won't print.

Is the Map Service public? - are you able to share it?

Have you looked at the Browser developer tools whilst printing - do you get any messages in the network console?

BrianHiller
Occasional Contributor

The service is not public and does have editing enabled, I'm willing to share the link with you privately. Let me know where/how to share with you directly.

BrettBlankner
New Contributor II

I've had that problem before.  Was more related to the items set to scale dependencies and the print scale was somehow slightly different than the map, and it turned itself off as a result.

KipoKipo
New Contributor III

I was wondering if there is any updates/solution on this issue? I have the same issue with an ArcGIS online service which was published to AGOL as hosted feature layer. The print widget doesn't print all the layers show on the map.

KP

diegocarvalho
New Contributor III

I'm having the same issue here, AGOL Feature Layers don't print, only my Map Image Layers

0 Kudos
IanBridger
New Contributor II

I'm also wondering if there is more on this, a solution please? I have an ArrcGIS Portal application with base mapping, a local graphic layer for drawing/annotating, and then a long list of case data layers. When printed from the widget the output only shows base mapping and graphics layer, not case layers.

AgataZabolotny
New Contributor II

I also have the same problem. 

The print widget is only printing the basemap, no other layers. Please, does anyone have a solution for this?