Feature Service Draws in Map Viewer Classic but not in the new Map Viewer

Jump to solution
06-23-2021 08:16 AM
Labels (3)
LawrenceHoffman
New Contributor II

I'm having a strange issue with two feature services published from my organizational AGOL account. They draw in Map Viewer Classic but not in the new updated Map Viewer. Strangely, they also did not draw in the item details > visualization tab. In the visualization menu, the warning 'The layer, 10 Year Storm _Chicken Island_ difference after intervention_, did not draw completely' is shown. 

These feature services were published from ArcGIS Pro 2.7.3 along with a series of larger vector layers. The larger layers draw in both map viewers and otherwise work how I'd expect. These two much smaller layers / services however only draw in Map Viewer Classic. I'm wondering if this has to do with the relatively small size of the features, or if there's something else going on.

This is frustrating, because I keep looking forward to using the new Map Viewer (the Group Layers is a huge upgrade for my work), but each time I try, I run into deal-breaking limitations and end up back in Classic.

Has anyone had this issue? Thank you for any insight.

Feature Services:

10 Year Storm _Chicken Island_ difference after intervention_

100 Year Storm _Chicken Island_ difference after intervention_

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
LawrenceHoffman
New Contributor II

Thanks for your responses. They inspired me to try projecting the source data to web mercator before sharing as a web layer. This seems to have solved the problem. The interesting thing is that I didn't have to do this for any of the other 10 layers I published along with these two. Not sure why that would be. Anyways, thanks again for your input.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I think there might be an issue with the service... I was able grab the data shared above and republish it and have it display in the new map viewer. Can you share the source data? Here is the sample I was able to publish up https://jsapi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/mapviewer/index.html?layers=af31f72a0f92439394f1488bd48e283d

0 Kudos
Waffle_House
Occasional Contributor II

I see a 400 error in the response to the request to your service:

{
"error" :
{
"code" : 400,
"message" : "",
"details" : [
"Unable to perform query. Please check your parameters."
]
}
}

0 Kudos
LawrenceHoffman
New Contributor II

Thanks for your responses. They inspired me to try projecting the source data to web mercator before sharing as a web layer. This seems to have solved the problem. The interesting thing is that I didn't have to do this for any of the other 10 layers I published along with these two. Not sure why that would be. Anyways, thanks again for your input.

0 Kudos