Feature layer not displaying in Explorer app, but displays in AGO

06-14-2019 08:12 AM
JustinRichardson
New Contributor III

I have a map with several layers from one hosted Feature layer.  In ArcGIS Online all of the layers display properly, but when I open the same map in Explorer or Collector, 2 of the 9 layers don't display at all, but they are listed in the legend.  What is really strange is one of the layers is labeled by its attributes and the labels display, but not he point feature.  I've deleted the online map and built a new one from scratch, but the same thing happens.  I've overwritten the Feature layer, but that didn't help either.  This is a map that we've been using for years and have never had this problem.

54 Replies
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

yes we found all windows versions that were updated in this way are affected by this security update.

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Randy,

thanks for your feedback.

1. The help for creating new marker symbols (including a description of the types available) is here:

http://desktop.arcgis.com/en/arcmap/10.3/map/styles-and-symbols/creating-marker-symbols.htm

2.  Publishing from Pro doesn't use this codepath, unless you're using an older (2.0/2.1) version of Pro.   So if you're experiencing issues after republishing the service from Pro, I would recommend updating Pro to a more current version.  The most recent public version is 2.4.  

3.  You will note that the "roll back the security updates" options do say "...and opt out of updates until the resolution is available".  An article which enumerates several ways to opt out of windows updates is linked here for Win10, similar info is available online for other versions: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-stop-updates-installing-automatically-windows-10

The full Kb article is copy-edited and we're pushing it to the web presently.

Regards,

Jeremy W.

0 Kudos
RandySteele
New Contributor III

Jeremy, thanks for the help and pointing out what I missed. I do want to note that turning off windows up date in that fashion did not work for me. I had to turn it off in services in order to turn updates off.

Thanks,

Randy

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

UPDATE 7.10.2019:

We've posted a KB article at https://support.esri.com/Technical-Article/000021401 that describes the problem and many different workarounds that can be applied to resolve this issue.

A general patch for affected supported versions has been tested and is working its way through the patch creation process.  I'll update this thread when the Esri-side fixes are available.  In the meantime the technical article linked contains several workarounds that can be applied.

JustinRichardson
New Contributor III

Thank you Jeremy!  

0 Kudos
TetsuyaMatsuda2
Esri Contributor

Thank you very much for posting the updates!
Do the general patch target to the Runtime Local Server as well as ArcGIS Server?

0 Kudos
JeremyWright
Esri Regular Contributor

Yes at this time we also plan to patch runtime local server.

TetsuyaMatsuda2
Esri Contributor

Great to hear that, thank you very much!

0 Kudos
CaryJenkins
New Contributor II

Hi Jeremy,

Its sounds like a patch is on the way, thank you. However I have a question about one of the workarounds. Can I overwrite an existing published service using the new publish to stand alone server functionality within ArcGIS Pro 2.4? The problem being my existing service has too many AGOL configurations and I would hate to have to load in a new service and have to reconfigure everything again.  

0 Kudos
MarkBennett
Occasional Contributor

Do we have an update on when this patch will be deployed? 

0 Kudos