Failure to display 3D Objects in web scene

Jump to solution
03-28-2023 02:56 AM
Labels (1)
KatieSelfEd
New Contributor III

I've been having trouble with a hosten feature/scene layer. When the original symbology uploaded from ArcPro is loaded, nothing displays. The data is all present, and when the main attribute is set to <none> with default cone symbology, all the points display.

As soon as the main attribute is changed to one of the data fields then it not longer appears, even when resulting deafult symbology of cones are used. The elevation mode is the same in both methods so this is not the issue.

This issue perists when trying to use 2D drawing style instead. Using no attribute displays the data, but selecting an attribute to visualise results in no display. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Reuploading the data has not resolved the issue.

Attached a video showing the issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I shared a sample scene and layers from the point layer in the package to that group. The only difference I made was to include all the attributes. There aren't that many and wont impact performance. Also using a multipatch for the tree layer that is in the package will be slower bc it wont leverage some of the point layer performance features like auto-thinning and using symbols with multiple LODs so has you zoom away you are not drawing an as detailed symbol.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Can you share the layer? I couldn't reproduce this with a couple test layers. If you cant share it publicly you can toss it into a group and invite russell_jsapi into it. thanks!

KatieSelfEd
New Contributor III

Thanks for having a look Russell - I've created a group with the Scene and Feature layers in and have sent you an invite.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Thanks! Can you share the Pro project used to create this scene layer? I can reproduce the issue with your layer and want to see if I can create the same layer publishing your data from Pro. 

0 Kudos
KatieSelfEd
New Contributor III

I have uploaded a map package to the group for you to access. I have managed a workaround in the meantime however, by running the 'Create 3D Object Scene Layer Content' tool, then uploading the SLPK file directly to AGOL. Took a long time to upload but it has at maintained the desired display symbology.

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

I shared a sample scene and layers from the point layer in the package to that group. The only difference I made was to include all the attributes. There aren't that many and wont impact performance. Also using a multipatch for the tree layer that is in the package will be slower bc it wont leverage some of the point layer performance features like auto-thinning and using symbols with multiple LODs so has you zoom away you are not drawing an as detailed symbol.

KatieSelfEd
New Contributor III

Thanks Russell - looks and loads a lot better.

BeatMyear
New Contributor

?????

0 Kudos
BeatMyear
New Contributor

Yep, thank you! The price seem okay to me, I am a bit unsure about this whole thing, but I will try.

0 Kudos