Failing Publishing a layer to ArcGIS Online (services2)

12-05-2019 02:45 PM
SangHyouk_Oum
New Contributor III

I have been trying to publish a layer to ArcGIS Online but kept failing on multiple ways:

- From arcgis pro (2.4.2)

stuck on "Uploading service definition" and when I stopped the publish, the log shows:

- From arcmap (10.7)

stuck on Server-side post processing...

- From AGOL by uploading csv or shapefile

got the error popup saying: There was an error publishing the service. 

The layers are pretty small (about 1k records). 

Any thoughts or ways to fix? The service health shows no issues but I am wondering if there is any server side issue. 

Edit: I found someone else also posted the same question - https://community.esri.com/message/894444 

6 Replies
Rafaelde_Oliveira_Casagrande
Esri Contributor

Hi Sang,

For troubleshooting the problem, can you create an AGOL Trial account and then publish the data?

Link for Trial

What's the result? 

Best,

Rafael Casagrande

0 Kudos
SangHyouk_Oum
New Contributor III

We just tried publishing the same dataset using trial account and it worked. It's published to services5. 

0 Kudos
Rafaelde_Oliveira_Casagrande
Esri Contributor

Ok. Probably there is a problem with your organizational account. I suggest you contact Esri Support.

Regards,

Rafael

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I'd also try publishing different data and see if that's successful? That should tell us whether it's the data or ArcGIS Online that has the issue.

Best,

Lauren

0 Kudos
SangHyouk_Oum
New Contributor III

We tried different data but not luck. 

0 Kudos
JacobWatson1
New Contributor III

Are you storing your layers on your computers local drive or is it being stored somewhere else? I had a problem like this and solved it by migrating all the data I was trying to publish to my local drive.

0 Kudos