Exp Builder Map Measure tool default unit

Jump to solution
06-06-2023 11:54 AM
KGalluccio
New Contributor II

How do you set the default unit for in the measure tool in Experience Builder.

In my app I turned on the measure tool in the Map Widget.  It is defaulting to Metric.  I am not seeing any way to configure this through EB.  Only option is to show or not show the tool.

I then assumed it would take the default unit from the map that is populating the map widget in the app.

This is also not the case.  If I use the measure tool in the Map Viewer, it defaults to imperial.  In the EB app it is defaulting to metric.

What am I missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BruceRiesterer
New Contributor III

It appears that the measure widget units will now adjust to your default unit settings if you first login to ArcGIS Online.  

This works good for users with ArcGIS Online accounts, but we are providing public access applications where many users will not have an account.   

Please provide a way to configure default units for the measure widget in experience builder.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
keith_jackson
New Contributor II

I've been migrating apps to E.B. and just encountered this.  I have Instant Apps where I was able to change the default units by editing the JSON file, but that doesn't appear possible with what I've seen in the E.B. JSON.  We have users who would really benefit from seeing the live acreage of a polygon they are editing vertices on, and right now it only shows in metric.

ScottKiley
Occasional Contributor II

We just encountered this as well. This is nearly a dealbreaker for our users that use the measure widget a lot. It's just too frustrating having to change the units every time you open the tool. 

BruceRiesterer
New Contributor III

It appears that the measure widget units will now adjust to your default unit settings if you first login to ArcGIS Online.  

This works good for users with ArcGIS Online accounts, but we are providing public access applications where many users will not have an account.   

Please provide a way to configure default units for the measure widget in experience builder.

HuanNing
New Contributor

My project needs this function, too: users need to have a default measuring unit. 

0 Kudos