Estimating Credit Usage for Photos Attached to Feature Layer

Jump to solution
03-20-2015 04:33 AM
MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Hi.   Does anyone know how I might use the credit estimator tool to estimate the cost of storing 8Gig of photos in AGOL?  These would be photos attached to features in a feature service/layer; not loaded individually.  Would it be calculated through the feature layer estimate option or files option.  There's a huge cost difference between the two.  Or another option altogether.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mary,

Attachments will be stored as Files.

View subscription status—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

Feature Storage—Shows the average amount of space (in gigabytes) and credits your organization is using to store hosted feature layers. Feature storage includes database storage for the features and file storage for attachments (added to hosted feature layers after July 2, 2014). To store existing attachments as files, republish your hosted feature layers.

You will be charged 1.2 credits per 1 GB stored per month for the attachments.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mary,

Attachments will be stored as Files.

View subscription status—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

Feature Storage—Shows the average amount of space (in gigabytes) and credits your organization is using to store hosted feature layers. Feature storage includes database storage for the features and file storage for attachments (added to hosted feature layers after July 2, 2014). To store existing attachments as files, republish your hosted feature layers.

You will be charged 1.2 credits per 1 GB stored per month for the attachments.

MaryEllen_Perko
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you for pointing me to that information, and so quickly.  Unless I'm misinterpreting the statements, this is good news for us.

Thanks,
Mary Ellen

0 Kudos