Esri Webhooks for ArcGIS Online - Payload schema for tracking changes in a Hosted Feature Service?

10-15-2020 07:24 AM
Henry_PeleshBW
Occasional Contributor

Hello all,

I am working to create a Webhook for a Hosted Feature Service in ArcGIS Online that will use Microsoft Power Automate to send emails when a HTTP request is received. I want to receive emails when a feature service is edited, but I am having trouble with my payload schema for the HTTP request (receiving a "BadRequest" error). I am wondering if anyone has done this and can share what their JSON payload schema consisted of.

Thanks,

Henry

0 Kudos
20 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Henry Pelesh‌, there are some example payloads shown on this blog: Create a hosted feature service webhook 

Hope this helps,

-Peter 

0 Kudos
Henry_PeleshBW
Occasional Contributor

Peter Klingman‌,

Thank you for reaching out. I have gone through the blog post and have been using the example payloads given. My Webhook is looking for when Features are created, so I used the example payload below.

Using this payload schema is still giving me a "BadRequest" error in Microsoft power automate when testing my Flow.

Thanks,

Henry

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Henry Pelesh‌ - when I test my flow to generate schema it returns a few more properties, then returns the payload within the formdata property. Are you able to test the flow to generate schema or try the syntax that I've pasted below? 

{
  "$content-type": "application/x-www-form-urlencoded; charset=utf-8",
  "$content": "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",
  "$formdata": [
    {
      "key": "payload",
      "value": "[{\"name\":\"Peter Test September Webhook\",\"layerId\":0,\"orgId\":\"<myOrgName>\",\"serviceName\":\"Webhook_Feature_Layer_Demo\",\"lastUpdatedTime\":1600032337272,\"changesUrl\":\"https://services.arcgis.com/myOrgName/arcgis/rest/services/Webhook_Feature_Layer_Demo/FeatureServer/extractChanges?serverGens=[50332771,51673971]&async=true&returnUpdates=false&returnDeletes=false&returnAttachments=false\",\"events\":[\"FeaturesCreated\"]}]"
    }
  ]
}

I hope this helps,

-Peter

0 Kudos
hgaignard
Esri Contributor

Hi Henry Pelesh

The webhook request sent by ArcGIS Online does not appear to contain a Content-Type : application/json in the header. This is why Power Automate considers it by default as application/x-www-form-urlencoded

1- You can use this Request Body JSON Schema for your module When a HTTP request is received or generate schema from payload sample provided by Peter Klingman :

{
  "type": "object",
  "properties": {
    "$content-type": {
      "type": "string"
    },
    "$content": {
    },
    "$formdata": {
      "type": "array",
      "items": {
          "key": {
          },
          "value": {
          }
        },
        "required": [
          "key",
          "value"
        ]
      }
    }
  }
}‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

After running a test, you should get this $formdata output :

[
  {
    "key": "payload",
    "value": "[{\"name\":\"Power Automate\",\"layerId\":0,\"orgId\":\"<myOrgID>\",\"serviceName\":\"demoWebhook\",\"lastUpdatedTime\":1603875450774,\"changesUrl\":\"https://services.arcgis.com/<myOrgID>/ArcGIS/rest/services/demoWebhook/FeatureServer/extractChanges?serverGens=[24014837,24187488]&async=true&returnInserts=false&returnDeletes=false&returnAttachments=false\",\"events\":[\"FeaturesUpdated\"]}]"
  }
]‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Example :

2- To extract and parse the payload value, you can use Parse JSON module with this content as input (return the first element for the payload value in formdata) : 

first(json(triggerFormDataValue('payload')))
or if your prefer :
first(json(triggerBody()?['$formdata'][0]?['value']))
or that
json(triggerBody()?['$formdata'][0]?['value'])[0]
And use this schema to parse the payload :
{
"name": {
},
"layerId": {
"type": "integer"
},
"orgId": {
},
"serviceName": {
},
"lastUpdatedTime": {
"type": "integer"
},
"changesUrl": {
},
"events": {
"type": "array",
"items": {
}
}
}
}‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Example :

After running a test, you should get this output :

{
  "name": "Power Automate",
  "layerId": 0,
  "orgId": "<myOrgID>",
  "serviceName": "demoWebhook",
  "lastUpdatedTime": 1603875450774,
  "changesUrl": "https://services.arcgis.com/<myOrgID>/ArcGIS/rest/services/demoWebhook/FeatureServer/extractChanges?serverGens=[24014837,24187488]&async=true&returnInserts=false&returnDeletes=false&returnAttachments=false",
  "events": [
    "FeaturesUpdated"
  ]
}‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍

Now, you can use informations contained in the payload as dynamic content to request changesUrl, ... like this blog: Create a hosted feature service webhook

Henry_PeleshBW
Occasional Contributor

This was very helpful. Thank you.

-Henry

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

This is beautiful. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Danielle_Journey
Occasional Contributor

Hi @hgaignard 

I'm trying to follow your example, but I am having trouble running the test.  I cannot do the "Automatically" test option because I do not have a recently used trigger. And when I try to test "Manually" by creating an update to the hosted feature service... nothing happens.  Is there a different way to run a test in order to get the output that you are showing above?  I've set up my flow similar to yours.  I do not understand how you test just the "When a HTTP request is received".  Even if I try to save at this point I get an error message.  Any help would be much appreciated!!  Thanks

Danielle_Journey_0-1614096038296.png

Danielle_Journey_0-1614094177753.png

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Danielle_Journey 

Your Request Body JSON Schema appears to be incorrect. I struggled with this piece of the puzzle for quite some time! Copy the example @hgaignard gave in the first code window of his post into the Request Body window you show in your screenshot. Notice the '$content-type' key in his example.

Danielle_Journey
Occasional Contributor

Thank you @PhilLarkin for catching that!  I pasted his sample payload directly into the request body, I had pasted it in the "generate schema" window earlier.  Now to test... I selected test manually in Power Automate, then I went into AGO in a new window and created two updates to the hosted feature service (Web hook is enabled with correct hookurl).  It's been several minutes and I'm still getting the spinning donut in Power Automate.  Any other ideas?  Thank you!

Danielle_Journey_0-1614097198134.pngDanielle_Journey_1-1614097327886.png

0 Kudos