Error when opening a web-app, layer cannot be added

12-14-2021 01:10 PM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I published some layers as a map service from ArcMap to my organizations ArcServer, I then added the rest link to my map and created an app from the map.  The problem is when I open the app while not being logged in, in Microsoft Edge I get the error:  "The layer, Satellite Internet Service, Digital Subscriber Line(DSL) cannot be added to the map"

It works great if I am signed in to ArcGISOnline and using Microsoft Edge, if either of those variables change, I get the error.  The sharing on the map and app is set to everyone and it is set to public in our ArcServer.

I have published a lot of layers using the same method and never had any trouble; any help figuring this out would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

Can you provide some further details on what are the layers you are trying to add to the webapp?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

They are just vector polygon layers; they were shared from ArcMap to ArcServer and deployed using the Rest link.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also, it isn't asking for login credentials; it is just saying that the layer cannot be loaded.

0 Kudos
FrankOuyang
Esri Contributor

This might be related to the firewall setting of your browser since you mention it works only on Edge. Can you check the documents list in this previous post

0 Kudos