Error uploading layer: "Input string was not in a correct format"

02-14-2018 08:41 AM
KathyKaufman
New Contributor III

I converted a feature layer to JSON format in ArcGIS Pro and I'm now attempting to upload the JSON file to My Content on AGOL as a hosted layer. Upon uploading (using Add Item-from my computer) an error appears ("Input string was not in a correct format. Couldn't store < > in TWD Column. Expected type is Int32.") The resulting attribute table is empty.

I thought there might be a field type mismatch in the field referenced in the error (TWD),. First I tried converting the field to an integer, but that didn't solve the problem. Then I removed the TWD field, but then the error recurred referencing another field. I'd appreciate any insights. 

0 Kudos
5 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

When you ran the features to JSON tool did you check the bock for "Ouput to GeoJSON"?

0 Kudos
KathyKaufman
New Contributor III
When you ran the features to JSON tool did you check the bock for "Ouput to GeoJSON"?

I did check Output to GeoJSON. But now I'm wondering, will I be able to host my GeoJSON file from AGOL? I tried using the export feature on AGOL to convert my layer to GeoJSON, and afterward there is no URL available on the Overview page. 

I've very confused about what formats AGOL will host. 

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes it would need to be GeoJSON to publish a hosted feature layer. The following Doc will show you which formats you can publish from:

Publish hosted feature layers—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Is there a reason you are converting to GeoJSON and then publishing? Why not just publish a web layer directly from Pro to your ArcGIS Online content?

KathyKaufman
New Contributor III

I'm new to ArcGIS and have been looking for an affordable solution for hosting maps securely. Since realizing that my basic ArcGIS Pro license won't allow secure sharing, I've been exploring other options -- in this case using AGOL to host shape or JSON layers while creating maps in PowerBI.  

0 Kudos
KathyKaufman
New Contributor III

I still can't seem to upload my GeoJSON files without an error. Does anyone know where I'd find the URL for GeoJSON files created by AGOL's export (save as) function? Not sure why those wouldn't be hosted.

0 Kudos