Select to view content in your preferred language

Error Uploading Attached File To Hosted Feature Service

01-25-2013 10:15 AM
BrianHaren
Occasional Contributor
Today we started getting errors while editing a new hosted feature service in the simple map viewer environment, specifically when trying to upload attachments.

When trying to upload both .jpg and PDF files we get the error "The given key was not present in the dictionary" in the Attachments 'Choose File' dialog box and the file fails to load. I'm trying to load the attachments from my desktop system.

Attachments are enabled on this feature service.

Any one have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Brian
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Can you share the service so we can take a look at it? If you don't want to share it publicly, you can create a group and invite my username into it, mikem (Mike Minami).

Does this happen all the time? Are you updating attachments or adding new attachments?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
BrianHaren
Occasional Contributor
Can you share the service so we can take a look at it? If you don't want to share it publicly, you can create a group and invite my username into it, mikem (Mike Minami).

Does this happen all the time? Are you updating attachments or adding new attachments?

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, the service is public and here's the URL:

http://services.arcgis.com/sWM4kWI43BlJ7g78/arcgis/rest/services/7460_Report/FeatureServer/0

This morning I went in and deleted the attachments table, then re-created the attachments table and republished it as a hosted feature service.  The problem is still there.  Since this is a new feature service the only time we've encountered the error is when we try to upload a new attachment.

Thanks!

Brian
0 Kudos
KhaledHassen
Esri Contributor
It seems like you are creating the feature service from a service definition file. Is that correct?

Thanks

Khaled
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
It seems like the problem may be related to the fact that your feature service name (and source) begins with a number. Can you cange it such that it doesn't begin with a number and try again?

Thanks,

Mike
JelmerAkkerman1
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm facing the same problem including the error message as of today on a service that seemed to work fine untill a couple of days before! Any suggestions as on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Jelmer.
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Jelmer,

Does your service name begin with a number? There is a bug here. If not, post the URL to the service and we can take a look.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
JelmerAkkerman1
New Contributor
Mike,

my service name does not start with a number. I don't think I can post a link to my service since it contains data from my client. Is there another way to sort things out / any suggestions for a direction in which to find a solution?

thanks,
Jelmer
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
The fact that it was working before and not now How big is the file you're trying to attach? Is it the same type as other files you've attached? Here's some info on attachments from the Help:

The file can be up to 10 MB in size. The following file types are supported: 7Z, AIF, AVI, BMP, DOC, DOCX, DOT, ECW, EMF, EPA, GIF, GML, GTAR, GZ, IMG, J2K, JP2, JPC, JPE, JPEG, JPF, JPG, JSON, MDB, MID, MOV, MP2, MP3, MP4, MPA, MPE, MPEG, MPG, MPV2, PDF, PNG, PPT, PPTX, PS, PSD, QT, RA, RAM, RAW, RMI, SID, TAR, TGZ, TIF, TIFF, TXT, VRML, WAV, WMA, WMF, WPS, XLS, XLSX, XLT, XML, and ZIP.

Are you exceeding the file size limit?

Are you using a trial subscription? Are you out of credits? Check the My Organization link at the top and the "View Status" link.

Lastly, since you can't share the service, can you share the schema? Go to the feature service item from My Content. Look at the Layers section and click on the arrow next to the layer. You should see a Service URL choice. This will display another page about the service. Copy the Fields section and post it here if you can.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
BrianHaren
Occasional Contributor
Sorry for the late reply to this issue.

After working with ESRI on this issue we figured out that the problem is indeed related to the service name starting with a number rather than a letter.  Republishing the service with a different name cleared up all issues.  We actually had issues with two older services that started with numbers, but didn't make the connection at first.  Those services had some odd behaviors but because we had not enabled attachments for them we just wrote off the odd behavior as 'one of those things'.

The key thing here is - don't start a service name with a number!

Thanks!

Brian
0 Kudos