Error linking Google Sheet to webmap

Jump to solution
01-30-2020 09:27 AM
sdegroot
New Contributor III

I used to link Google Sheets to a webmap just by publishing the Sheet, then adding it as CSV to my webmap. Two weeks ago, this worked fine. Today I get errors, with the same Sheets, which are still shared in the same way. When I try to add the Google Sheet as CSV I get an error that the Sheet 'is not accessible':

When I open a webmap that used to have Google Sheets linked as CSV I also get an error that the Sheet 'is not accessible':

Can anyone offer a work-around or tell me how I can get these sheets linked in to my webmaps again? We are using these to coordinate among a bunch of project partners, and not being able to see our data on the map is frustrating.

Thanks for your help.

18 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Kasimir,

Pop-ups are working on my end as well, I would definitely try Sarah's suggestion below. If this doesn't work I would contact Esri Support; they can take a closer look at the issue and see what is occurring with the pop-ups. 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
KasimirOrlowski
New Contributor II

problems solved! Thanks again for getting back to me!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Peter,

I'm having this issue with publishing my Google Sheet into feature layer in AGOL. I've used 2 methods:

1. Using the published CSV: https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/arcgis-online/data-management/using-google-docs-in-your-ar...
  2. Using the Google Sheet straight out of Google Drive: How To: Add and update Google Sheets data in ArcGIS Online 

Neither worked. The first method came out with an error that says no location can be found:

And the second method just straight out pops 'There was an error':

I've remade my Google Sheet countless time and recheck. Everything seems to be alright. But the errors persists:

I don't know what I might be doing wrong. Any suggestions would be great.

Thank you!

Lea

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Lea,

The sheet has to be shared in CSV format to be added. For example, adding the Google sheet link directly will result in errors like those you are seeing above. For example, a valid URL might look like:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/<longGUID>/pub?gid=0&single=true&output=csv

Hope this helps,

-Peter

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello Peter!

Sorry. I tried it and it did not work. Even when I changed the URL to abide to the format you shared above. 

I'll try and troubleshoot again. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds good, Azalea. If you are able to contact Esri Support, they can help you troubleshoot it too. 

Esri Support Contact Support 

Thanks,

-Peter

0 Kudos
wlavell
New Contributor II

Hi 

I am getting the same error.  When I try to update my googleSheet I just get an error that says

Error
Cloud drive file not found.

I have not changed the file name or made any changes.  I was in fact testing this to make sure that the functionality will work as needed. But it seems it does not

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @wlavell I can reproduce this. I've reached out to the Development team, it seems like a bug. 

0 Kudos
wlavell
New Contributor II
Hi thanks for this
0 Kudos