ERROR 001270: Consolidating the data failed.

07-30-2012 07:43 AM
YimanSong
New Contributor III
I got this error when I try to publish a tiled map service to ArcGIS Online through ArcMap. Does anyone know why?
Tags (2)
61 Replies
LanceSingleton
New Contributor II

We also had the same error when creating a Extract Data Task (service) from data off of our sde. We made sure a data sources were registered, set staging to just C:\temp, and shortened the server connection name. No luck. We then created a File GDB with the features we wanted to export and the Extract Data Task was created just fine.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got this error, and here's how: I had mistakenly moved one of my feature classes out of a feature dataset in the same geodatabase. ArcMap still saw the data, which surprises me, and which is why I didn't spot it right away, but I got the "Consolidating the data failed" error when attempting to publish. When I moved the feature class back into the feature dataset, everything worked fine.

A few more details for the curious: I didn't actually "move" the feature class. Actually, I recreated it. But I guess I forgot to specify that the recreated feature class should go in the feature dataset where the old feature class was. I couldn't just drag the recreated feature class into the feature dataset. I had to copy and paste with a new name, delete the old feature class, and rename the new feature class to the old name.

0 Kudos
ToddHenry1
Occasional Contributor

I'm getting this error message trying to stage the service via python.  It works fine if I just create a MapService, but when I add the following python to change it to feature service, I get this error:

#overwrite existing service
tagsType = doc.getElementsByTagName('Type')
for tagType in tagsType:
    if tagType.parentNode.tagName == 'SVCManifest':
        if tagType.hasChildNodes():
            tagType.firstChild.data = "esriServiceDefinitionType_Replacement"

tagsState = doc.getElementsByTagName('State')
for tagState in tagsState:
    if tagState.parentNode.tagName == 'SVCManifest':
        if tagState.hasChildNodes():
             tagState.firstChild.data = "esriSDState_Published"

# Turn off caching
configProps = doc.getElementsByTagName('ConfigurationProperties')[0]
propArray = configProps.firstChild
propSets = propArray.childNodes
for propSet in propSets:
    keyValues = propSet.childNodes
    for keyValue in keyValues:
        if keyValue.tagName == 'Key':
            if keyValue.firstChild.data == "isCached":
                keyValue.nextSibling.firstChild.data = "false"

#Create Feature Service
# Change service type from map service to feature service
typeNames = doc.getElementsByTagName('TypeName')
for typeName in typeNames:
    if typeName.firstChild.data == "MapServer":
        typeName.firstChild.data = "FeatureServer"

# Turn on feature access capabilities
configProps = doc.getElementsByTagName('Info')[0]
propArray = configProps.firstChild
propSets = propArray.childNodes
for propSet in propSets:
    keyValues = propSet.childNodes
    for keyValue in keyValues:
        if keyValue.tagName == 'Key':
            if keyValue.firstChild.data == "WebCapabilities":
                keyValue.nextSibling.firstChild.data = "Query,Update"

It also works ok, if I creating the staging file through Share as Service through ArcMap.

0 Kudos
ScottCarmine
New Contributor

I fought with this same issue for hours yesterday and tried everything suggested here to no avail. I finally figured it out this morning. Not sure if this applies to all instances though. In my case, I had brought feature classes from an SDE into ArcMap and was trying to publish to the server. I had renamed the layers to more map-user-friendly names other than the raw file names. This is apparently what was causing the issue. Once I changed the layer names back to match the file names in the SDE, I was able to publish with no problems.

Hope this helps somebody else!

0 Kudos
CarmellaBurdi1
New Contributor III

Thank you, Scott! This worked for me as well. 

0 Kudos
ChrisSmith7
Frequent Contributor

I had an issue with this while publishing an xy event table from a view on a SQL Server direct connection. I'm not sure what worked in particular, but here are the actions taken to resolve:

1) Saved and closed MXD

2) Restarted MXD

3) Allowed full layer to render in ArcMap

4) File >> Share as >> Service

5) Elected to use an existing folder rather than create a new one

6) Analyzed service

7) Registered SQL db so data weren't copied to the server

😎 Published service

It worked well the second time around!

0 Kudos
AlessandroValra
Occasional Contributor III

In my case, registering the datasource in the arcGIS Server data store (step 7) was the key step to solve the isse.

0 Kudos
ChristopherSchreiber
Occasional Contributor II

I closed and then reopened ArcMap and then it worked.

I am using 10.2.2.

No Idea what changed.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did something similar to Christopher. I opened a new ArcMap document and copied my features classes over to the freshly opened ArcMap document (Utitled.mxd). The service published immediately from the Utitled.mxd no problems or hiccups.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found that if I set my data frame to display at the extent of all layers, rather than specifying a specific extent (ex.current view-able extent, or other layers) I was able to publish my service. This as well as a second error that occurred which required me to start an untitled arcMap doc,redefine extents, and symbology.

0 Kudos