Enterprise Login Fails - How to recover admin account?

Jump to solution
07-09-2020 01:22 AM
WengNg1
New Contributor III

Hi,

I'm running into potentially a big issue in the configuration of Enterprise Login for an ArcGIS Online site.

If I only enable Enterprise Login (ADFS) and disable all other types of logins (ArcGIS login, social media, etc), how would I regain access to the site if there was an issue with the configuration of the enterprise login?

Here is an example of a situation that might happen:

1. Site configured to only login through Enterprise Login

2. IDP certificate expires and admin fails to renew IDP metadata in ArcGIS Online.

3. Enterprise login fails and all users (including administrators) loses access.

How would an admin then gain back access into the site and reconfigure the correct IDP metadata ?

My only solution is to keep an extra administrator level account as an ArcGIS managed login which could regain access to the site. It however defeats the purpose of configuring an enterprise login and is probably less secure . 

Any thoughts or solution to this issue is much appreciated.

Regards,

Weng

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Weng Ng‌,

This is a great question - Esri Support can assist in this scenario by adding a temporary built-in admin to access the organization and reconfigure the metadata. 

Thanks,

-Peter 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Weng Ng‌,

This is a great question - Esri Support can assist in this scenario by adding a temporary built-in admin to access the organization and reconfigure the metadata. 

Thanks,

-Peter 

0 Kudos
WengNg1
New Contributor III

Thanks Peter, glad to know that there is still a way to regain access via a temporary account .