Enabling "Find Locations" in arcgis online hosted feature

Jump to solution
11-18-2015 08:13 AM
AlexiGeorge
New Contributor II

Hi,

So I have a CSV file I have created which contains coordinates and a label (name) for each coordinate point.  I added the CSV file as a hosted feature to my content, and then added it to a new map.  However, when I go into "more details" and click "edit" I do not find the option to enable and configure "find locations" so that I can search my map by coordinate name. 

I would appreciate any help on this!

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

That is the detail page for your layer. You will need to save a map first and then go to your map details.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

After you save the map you can go into your map details, click edit and at the bottom of the page there is an option for you to configure Find Locations where you can create a query to search for your point names. Then just click save to keep the edits and when you open the map you can do searches against the name.

Russ

0 Kudos
AlexiGeorge
New Contributor II

For some reason the "find locations" isn't there Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 11.22.21 AM.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

That is the detail page for your layer. You will need to save a map first and then go to your map details.

0 Kudos
KyleBalke__GISP
Occasional Contributor III

Alexi,

I thought we figured this issue out last week!  Check out your own thread:

How to set up advanced search options for arcgis online?

0 Kudos
AlexiGeorge
New Contributor II

Haha I just realized I was having a problem because I wasn't saving my map first.  After all this help I am a pro at finding locations! Thanks

AlexiGeorge
New Contributor II

However  I am still having problems! When I enable "find locations" I cannot find the right field.  I need to be able to search by "water point id" and I can't find it in the drop down list.  The only field in the drop down list is one I do not know... Also attaching a snapshot of my csvScreen Shot 2015-11-18 at 12.46.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-18 at 12.46.57 PM.png

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Make sure the field is a string or integer for it to show up in the search.

Configure feature search—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
AlexiGeorge
New Contributor II

What exactly is a string or integer?  My fields are: WaterPointID, Latitude, and Longitude. 

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

those are your field types. If you can share your map or layer with me I can help you out.

Russ

0 Kudos