Embedding Info graphics into StoryMaps

Jump to solution
10-11-2018 09:26 AM
KEVINHAZLEY1
New Contributor II

Is there a way to embed infogrphics into a storymap??? For example i would like to embed infographics from community analyst into a story map so i can show my findings. The same goes for reports from Business analyst, I found a way to embed the reports into story map but the only way i could do it was by publishing my reports by adobe and then using the link and embedding it into the story map as a clickable link that takes you to the report. 

BUT...

It would be so much easier and smoother to just be able to embed the actual reports and infograpgics into the story maps. So what you see from Community Analyst and Business Analyst can be see the same way on your Story Map. 

SO my questions is; If anyone has found a way to do this then please let me know. And if any of you esri people read this, then please work on adding this feature to story maps, IT WOULD BE SO COOL! Thanks. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PraveenSrivastava
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Kevin,

Yes, you can embed infographics in StoryMaps by exporting infographics to HTML, hosting the HTML file on a web server, then adding an iframe to the body of the story map that points to the hosted HTML file.

I would suggest you add this as an enhancement request idea in the Business Analyst ideas group as well so other BA users can share their thoughts and feedback on this enhancement request.

Thank you,

Praveen Srivastava

ArcGIS Business Analyst Team

View solution in original post

7 Replies
PraveenSrivastava

Hi Kevin,

Yes, you can embed infographics in StoryMaps by exporting infographics to HTML, hosting the HTML file on a web server, then adding an iframe to the body of the story map that points to the hosted HTML file.

I would suggest you add this as an enhancement request idea in the Business Analyst ideas group as well so other BA users can share their thoughts and feedback on this enhancement request.

Thank you,

Praveen Srivastava

ArcGIS Business Analyst Team

deleted-user-4G3UqOpj30Yb
New Contributor II

Hi Praveen,

"exporting infographics to HTML, hosting the HTML file on a web server, then adding an iframe to the body of the story map that points to the hosted HTML file."

This makes sense to me but I don’t have access to a webserver to host the html content. I know there’s a way in BA to create infographics and use them to launch an app, but I want to use the infographics I’ve already created with the hub pages and apps we’ve also already created. It seems like BA must be hosting the infographic somewhere if it's embedding it in the app. Thoughts?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PraveenSrivastava

Hi Kevin,

Curious if there are some specific Storymap templates that you are considering to embed the Business Analyst infographics in? 

Thanks

0 Kudos
KEVINHAZLEY1
New Contributor II

Hi Praveen, 

I was trying to share the infographics via a Series Storymap. I have attached the link here if you would want to check out the storymap and see how it worked out! Thanks for the tip it really helped us!. 

Storymap : https://wcupagis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=70a9be5efd9c4cbea7427db1af9fda32https://wcupagis.maps.arcgis.com/apps/MapSeries/index.html?appid=70a9be5efd9c4cbea7427db1af9fda32

0 Kudos
PraveenSrivastava

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for sharing your StoryMap. I am glad to know that the tip helped you. 

I wanted to let you know that we are working on a new workflow to make it easier to embed Business Analyst content including Infographics in StoryMaps. Let me know if you are interested in learning more about this.

Also, please continue to share your feedback. It is really helpful.

Praveen

KEVINHAZLEY1
New Contributor II

Yes I am very interested in this. How can i find out more? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
PraveenSrivastava

Sure. I will connect with you in email about this.

0 Kudos