Editor not working

12-14-2012 05:24 AM
TanyaOwens
Occasional Contributor III
Hi have a layer that is for editing but when I go to use it it acts like it working but no points, lines or polygons are showing up on the maps. I have tried it in firefox and IE but nothing is working. Any advice?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi Tanya,

What type of service are you trying to edit, is it a hosted feature service or an ArcGIS Server Feature Service?

If it is a hosted feature service, what type of editing features have been enabled?

If it is an ArcGIS Server Feature Service, what version of ArcGIS Server are you using? What version of SDE is installed?

There was a bug, Unable to add a feature for a Version 10.1 feature service against a Version 9.3.1 geodatabase. This has been resolved with Service Pack 1.

http://support.esri.com/en/bugs/nimbus/role/beta10_1/TklNMDgxMjIw

Let me know if this helps.
0 Kudos
TanyaOwens
It is a hosted ArcGIS Online feature service. I had it working once but then I went back to ArcMap and added two fields to my attribute table and republished the service. Now it shows up in my web app like everything is working but when I click the point, line or polygon feature in the editor and then try to place it on the map it acts like it is doing something but no graphic appears and no popup comes up to fill in the attribute data. Any clue what went wrong?
0 Kudos
TanyaOwens
Any thoughts? - I am stuck on this one. I even tried republishing and re-adding it to may application but still doesn't work.
0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor
Hi Tanya,

What permissions are set on both your hosted Feature Service  and web map?
Try setting the editing settings to Add, Update and delete features.

Is your feature service or webmap shared with the public? If so, what is the URL?
0 Kudos
TanyaOwens
Hi Tanya,

What permissions are set on both your hosted Feature Service  and web map?
Try setting the editing settings to Add, Update and delete features.

Is your feature service or webmap shared with the public? If so, what is the URL?

Hi Kelly,

I am assuming you are talking about the editing settings when publishing the service - I have all those settings turned on. I sent you a private email with more info. Is there any limitation on the layer attributes on editing layer? For example, I have a comments field that is text with 100 character length. Would that cause a problem?

-Tanya
0 Kudos
TanyaOwens
Hi Kelly,

Have you had a chance to check out the web app I sent you to see if you are able to edit?

Thanks,

Tanya
0 Kudos
BrianHaren
Occasional Contributor
We are running into the same issue with our organization.  We have an editable feature service hosted in AGOL and in one session editing will work, in the next session it won't.  The behavior is very inconsistent.

All web map development is done using Chrome.  Feature service permissions and the web map itself are set to 'Public'. 

I'd love to know of any advice/responses the OP gets from ESRI.
0 Kudos
AaronFindlay
New Contributor III
Experiencing the same issue as originally described.
No way to resolve other than to delete and re-publish which is very annoying.
0 Kudos
vijaykumarvempati
New Contributor
Experienced the same issue, while using a map service in AOGL.
And found the issue to be with Feature access capability options while Publishing the map using ArcMap.

Please select Create,Delete,Update on Feature access tab of Capabilties, by default only Query will be checked.
I am not sure why the editing is not happening if we check the 'Sync' option of Feature access while publishing(so please uncheck Sync).

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos