Editing related tables in ArcGIS Online

05-06-2015 06:19 AM
MihaiFlorin-Cristian
New Contributor II

Does somebody knows how can I edit my related tables in a web map, or a web map application? I know that I can edit the tables using 10.3 Collector.

Thanks

10 Replies
JacobTodd1
New Contributor III

Hi Mihai,

Unfortunately, you cannot edit related tables in ArcGIS Online when working with hosted feature services at this time. If you data is stored in an Enterprise Geodatabase, you can just edit the related tables in ArcMap.

Thanks,

Jacob

ChandreyeeLahiri
New Contributor III

Jacob, do you know when that's coming? (I mean, the ability to edit related tables through a web-map)

Somewhat related (pun intended), do you know when we'll be able to symbolize features in web-maps on related data?

0 Kudos
JacobTodd1
New Contributor III

Hi Chandreyee,

Unfortunately I have not heard when this ability is to be expected.

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
AndrewPratt
New Contributor III

This is a feature that needs to added ASAP. It is ridiculous that we can't edit related tables in AGOL and the lack of this feature really puts us in a bind with regard to rolling out Collector to staff. We went ahead last year with a flat table with the promise that we'd convert to related tables for multi year inspections this winter but now that is in doubt. 

ChandreyeeLahiri
New Contributor III

We are in the same position Andrew: much is achieved by editing via Collector and viewing via web-maps. Editing via the web-map is an important functionality to have but I'm more thrown by the inability to symbolize based on related fields as it degrades the efficiency of Collector. I've always set my crews up with data where the feature changes color based on a 'Visit_complete' field that shows whether or not data has been collected for that feature. It lets them track not only their own work, but work of other crew whoa might be nearby in the field, simultaneously editing the data. Now that they can collect into a related table, we need to similarly indicate progress via that table.

Really hope ESRI can get on this functionality soon. Any workarounds known to anyone to allow this kind of symbology?

enricobonansea
Occasional Contributor

Same problem,

Hope that ESRI gives priority to this kind of feature...

Any news or rumors about next web applications generation?
Enrico

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

There was an update Feb 29/March 1 2016.  See the two blogs for what was added

What’s New in Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (March 2016) | ArcGIS Blog

What’s New in ArcGIS Online (March 2016) | ArcGIS Blog

Online updates seem to happend every couple months or so, so the March update will be it for a while.

The web app builder update was the online version only, not developer edition.  Dev editions and Portal versions usually follow several weeks after (first dev, then Portal).  We should find out more next week at the Dev Summit.

enricobonansea
Occasional Contributor

Thank you Rebecca,

I read the two blogs yestreday before posting, but it seems that the "relate widget" is oriented to visualization goals not edting.

But maybe I' have to investigate further and better.

If you undestood that editing is covered pleaes let me know!

Thank you very much

0 Kudos
deleted-user-gMl5z3oultvj
New Contributor II

Hi Jacob.  Can you clarify something for me?  We moved one of our services from an in-house server to AGOL hosted layer.  The service has two feature classes and three tables that are all connected through relationship classes.  The related tables show up in the service, but we get an error when we try to create a related table record in Collector.

Are related table edits in Collector supported with AGOL hosted data?