Editing attribute table in AGOL

03-21-2016 03:25 AM
ErikaBaumann
New Contributor III

​Apparently only the owner of a feature service can uses the functions / edit the attribute table in AGOL. Is this going to change?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Erika,

If you have edit permissions to the Feature Layer, that user should be able to edit features within the attribute table.  Check to make sure you do not have the option 'Editors can update and delete only the features they add' checked within the Feature Layer:

Screen1.PNG

0 Kudos
ErikaBaumann
New Contributor III

Thanks for your answer.

Not for the attribute table: have a closer look at this: Work with fields—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

So my questions is, if this is going to change. Would be great I think.

JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

I wasn't aware of this restriction.  In my previous testing it worked due to the fact I was an Administrator in the Organization.  Hopefully someone else can shed some light on whether this functionality will be introduced.  Also, it looks like others have requested this functionality:

ArcGIS Idea - Calculate field widget

I would recommend promoting this idea.

0 Kudos
ErikaBaumann
New Contributor III

Hi Jake

Being administrator of your organisation you can do the following thing when creating a group

Unfortunately I can give you the url of the help page only in german (I can't find it at the same place in english?) Freigeben von Elementen—Hilfe zu ArcGIS Online | ArcGIS

This could be helpful for you being admin.

Cheers Erica

AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

Erika,

It looks like this is the English version of the help article you shared:

Share items—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS

ErikaBaumann
New Contributor III

Thanks for that link, but the specific topic is missing. Or maby i need new glasses!

Erica

0 Kudos
AdrianWelsh
MVP Honored Contributor

So, that's pretty interesting. In the English document of that ArcGIS Online help page, there isn't a section that is equivalent to the German page. The German page has 10 subtopics while the English page has 9 subtopics... I guess this particular one was omitted for some reason...

0 Kudos