During Join Feature by field, sum ignores decimal values

04-14-2020 09:29 AM
Jean-SebastienLauzon
New Contributor III

I am using ArcGIS online to do a join of two layers based on field match. I select one-to-one join using the statistic "sum". It works in part except that the sum ignores all decimals. E.g. 1.2+1.8=2

It does take into account all the correct elements since the Join_count values are correct.

The field type is double and I do see the decimal values in the original layer. 

Note, I'm selecting the "Create layer as a hosted feature layer view" option.

Is this a bug or is there something I'm overlooking?

Thanks

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Jean-SebastienLauzon
New Contributor III

Additional info:

If I select "Average" instead of "Sum", it works for the average. I get the correct value with decimals for the average but not for the sum.

Join_Count = 31

Join_Average = 0.1913

Join_Sum = 5

Correct sum = 5.93

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the update Jean-Sebastien Lauzon‌,

I've been testing and able to reproduce this issue. The team is looking into what's going on now. In the mean time, if you create a new layer (default option) instead of a view result, you should see the correct sum results. 

Thank you for reporting this!

Sarah Ambrose

Product Engineer, Esri

0 Kudos
Jean-SebastienLauzon
New Contributor III

Thanks for looking into it. 

I need the join to be a view so that it stays up to date, so using the default "new layer" option, is not an option for me. 

0 Kudos
Jean-SebastienLauzon
New Contributor III

Has this bug been fixed??

0 Kudos
SarahAmbrose
Esri Contributor

Hi Jean-Sebastien Lauzon,

Thanks for following up. The development team has looked at this issue and it will be fixed in the upcoming release of ArcGIS Online, targeted for July 2020.

Thanks again for reporting this,

Sarah