Downloading Features from ArcGIS Online

02-28-2014 03:47 AM
tonytony
New Contributor II
How do I download features that live in ArcGIS online? I initially uploaded a Shapefile, somehow its now a feature. I can not 'Download' it back to my CPU. Attached photo shows you my options that I have. All I want to do is download it back down so I can do some other testing with the Shapefile. Thanks in advance

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31865[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Do you have an organizational account? You can only download feature services with an organizational account.
0 Kudos
tonytony
New Contributor II
Do you have an organizational account? You can only download feature services with an organizational account.

I now do...but the shapefile that I'm attempting to retrieve is in my free trial account. Is there a way to merge that over to my org account?
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
Since your paid organizational account comes with customer support, I would contact them.
0 Kudos
EldredAllen
New Contributor II
If I'm not mistaken, when you uploaded your shapefile initially you had the option to have it become a hosted feature service or just store it as a shapefile.  If you go into 'My Contents' in AGOL you should see your shapefile stored there, along with the feature service you posted a picture of.  If you click on the shapefile you have the option to download it again.

As well, when you packaged it up in a compressed folder from your computer and uploaded it to AGOL the original shapefile should still be on your computer and accessible.  Just because it was uploaded to AGOL doesn't mean it does not exist on your computer any longer.
0 Kudos
TimWitt
Frequent Contributor
If I'm not mistaken, when you uploaded your shapefile initially you had the option to have it become a hosted feature service or just store it as a shapefile.  If you go into 'My Contents' in AGOL you should see your shapefile stored there, along with the feature service you posted a picture of.  If you click on the shapefile you have the option to download it again.

As well, when you packaged it up in a compressed folder from your computer and uploaded it to AGOL the original shapefile should still be on your computer and accessible.  Just because it was uploaded to AGOL doesn't mean it does not exist on your computer any longer.

Since he created that layer with a free account, he is not able to download it.
0 Kudos