Download Views Data on ArcGIS Online

01-11-2017 08:36 AM
ElenaVenable
New Contributor

Hi All, 

I have developed a Map Application on ArcGIS Online, and the client would like me to extract information about the usage data (i.e. how many people are viewing the site and pages per day).  I have found that this information is available in the "Usage" tab of the application (found in My Content in my Esri account).  I am able to choose "Custom Date Range" and use the drop down menus to specify the dates for a one day range at a time.  Here is a picture to help clarify (I am interested in the "Views this Period" data point):

The Question: Is there a place where I can access this raw data? If not, has anyone found an automated way to get this data from the site?  I don't want to manually do this for 4 months worth of data.  I'm not really familiar with scraping website data, but a couple people have mentioned RSelenium.  Any other advice?

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I would take a look at some of the admin tools and resources to see if you can find what you need

ArcGIS Online admin tools available on GitHub | ArcGIS Blog 

Home · Esri/ago-admin-wiki Wiki · GitHub 

Tools · Esri/ago-admin-wiki Wiki · GitHub 

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

HI Elena,

Thanks for the question and sharing your workflow.

There is currently no out of the box functionality to download the data from the ArcGIS Online interface nor is there a documented API for this information. I suggest logging or supporting and idea on https://community.esri.com/community/arcgis-ideas?sr=search&searchId=4abf1056-969f-4989-a62d-53ccc3b...‌ for consideration in future releases of the software.

-Kelly