Domain drop downs in Editing Web Map Applications

Jump to solution
08-08-2018 05:17 AM
Roquinn
New Contributor II

I have a hosted feature layer that has a domain field for street light status, i.e. operational, not operational, day burner, etc. When I am editing in the Web Map I created I have a drop down selection from the domain. I created a Web Mapping Application using the Editing template to use with Collector, however the field that uses the domain no longer has the drop downs. Instead it is like a text field where you are able to type in the field.

I am new to the ArcGIS Online realm.

Ryan O'Quinn
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Roquinn
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply! 

I think I figured it out. When I was zipping the files, I tried to zip the FGDB but it errored out so I exported to .shp. Oddly enough i was able to see the domain drop downs on the web map, but nothing transfered out to the collector app. I had to close all Arc applications (Catalog and Map) to clear the locks on the FGDB in order to zip. Then I was able to export the FGDB, which kept the domains all the way to collector.

Ryan O'Quinn

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
deleted-user-qpvAI3Fo0MKR
Occasional Contributor III

If you have a functioning web map then just open the same web map in #collector;‌ you should see your domain values. There's no need to create anything more than the web map for this to work. Just open #collector on your phone/tablet/Windows 10 device and then open the web map.

Please let me know.

0 Kudos
Roquinn
New Contributor II

Thank you for your reply! 

I think I figured it out. When I was zipping the files, I tried to zip the FGDB but it errored out so I exported to .shp. Oddly enough i was able to see the domain drop downs on the web map, but nothing transfered out to the collector app. I had to close all Arc applications (Catalog and Map) to clear the locks on the FGDB in order to zip. Then I was able to export the FGDB, which kept the domains all the way to collector.

Ryan O'Quinn
0 Kudos