Do attachments in AGOL prevent joinging another layer?

Jump to solution
10-30-2018 04:34 PM
AlfredSchaeffer
New Contributor

I have been trying to join two layers or a table to a layer in AGOL. The target layer has attachments. Do the attachments prevent the join from being successful? If so, how do I work around that? Do I disable the attachments, do the join, then enable the attachments?

Any thoughts?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
shan_sarkar
Occasional Contributor III

Alfred,

When you enable attachments on a table it simply creates an additional table which has a relationship with the parent table based on the OBJECTID field. So, the relationship is established between the parent table and the child table based on the OBJECTID (parent) and REL_OBJECTID (child).

Now having said that it should not matter if you perform a join with the parent table with any other table. So, to answer you query you will not have to remove / disable the attachments to perform a join.

I hope this helps!

~Shan

~Shan

View solution in original post

4 Replies
shan_sarkar

Alfred,

When you enable attachments on a table it simply creates an additional table which has a relationship with the parent table based on the OBJECTID field. So, the relationship is established between the parent table and the child table based on the OBJECTID (parent) and REL_OBJECTID (child).

Now having said that it should not matter if you perform a join with the parent table with any other table. So, to answer you query you will not have to remove / disable the attachments to perform a join.

I hope this helps!

~Shan

~Shan
AlfredSchaeffer
New Contributor

Shan-

Thanks, that does help. It will save me a lot of time experimenting.

Al

0 Kudos
shan_sarkar

I am glad I was able to assist. If you are satisfied with the response, I'd request you to mark this query as resolved.

~Shan

~Shan
AlfredSchaeffer
New Contributor

Shan-

I'd be happy to do so if I could figure out how. I'm new to GeoNet.

Al

0 Kudos