disable Scroll wheel zoom embedViewer

04-01-2011 12:43 PM
ChrisSeeger
New Contributor II
With ArcGIS.com you can get the iframe code to embed the viewer in your own HTML page.  I was wondering if there was a way to disable the scroll wheel zoom by passing a parameter in the URL string?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

You may want to post this as a separate question in the Story Maps‌ place.

0 Kudos
David_Roth
New Contributor

Anyway, i have try kelly's iframe settings but it does not works for me. It looks like it works only for simple maps but does not works with maps embed in Arcgis story map applications like this one for example : The Age of Megacities

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

David,

The url parameter to disable zoom when scrolling is not available for all templates. If you are hosting the Storymaps template on your own web server you can update the code to disable scrolling using code like this:

this.map.disableScrollWheelZoom();

0 Kudos
jdcayetano
New Contributor II

I have this html code of the story map I did. How will I disable the auto scroll wheel zoom?

<iframe
width="100%" height="95%"
scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0"
src="https://crsorg.maps.arcgis.com/apps/SimpleViewer/index.html?appid=93417eb1a55248c9bf54768b379d0578&e..."
</iframe>

0 Kudos
AJ_devaccount
Occasional Contributor

Hi @KellyHutchins , is disable scrolling possible in an embedded web app? It's created using the App Builder

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

Which app are you using? Which app builder? 

0 Kudos
AJ_devaccount
Occasional Contributor

@KellyHutchins it's a web mapping application using the Web AppBuilder. Hopefully the below image helps. I've included it as an iframe on an ArcGIS Hub page. 

AJ_devaccount_0-1649710792746.png

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins

I'm not sure about disable scroll support in Web App Builder. There is the a esri community space for the Web App Builder I bet someone in that space would be able to answer.