disable Scroll wheel zoom embedViewer

04-01-2011 12:43 PM
ChrisSeeger
New Contributor II
With ArcGIS.com you can get the iframe code to embed the viewer in your own HTML page.  I was wondering if there was a way to disable the scroll wheel zoom by passing a parameter in the URL string?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
17 Replies
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
Unfortunately, there is no way to disable zooming on the map. Maybe instead of embedding the map, you can simply take a snapshot as an image and display the image instead?

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
deleted-user-ATjHIWsdQYmT
Occasional Contributor III
This would be a nice option to add.  I have a map embedded in a webpage.  If a user uses the mouse wheel to scroll up/down the page and passes over the map, the map then zooms in/out.  It becomes a bit of  a nuisance.
This would be a nice option to add.  I have a map embedded in a webpage.  If a user uses the mouse wheel to scroll up/down the page and passes over the map, the map then zooms in/out.  It becomes a bit of  a nuisance.   
0 Kudos
MikeMinami
Esri Notable Contributor
How about displaying a static map image that someone can click to activate?

Mike
0 Kudos
How about displaying a static map image that someone can click to activate?

Mike

I like having the interactivity of clicking on the map and showing a popup within my webpage as opposed to linking out to another page.
0 Kudos
David_Roth
New Contributor

Hi, im reactivating this thread to know if any recent changes has been added to ESRI iFrame in order to control behavior of the zoom and scale options ? I have similar issue as Chris and Andrew and really hoped to find a way to fix this for my website...

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
KellyHutchins
Esri Frequent Contributor

In the new embed, included in the last release of ArcGIS Online, you can disable scroll wheel zoom using the undocumented disable_scroll url parameter. Set this to true and it will disable the scroll wheel for zooming.

Here's an example:

<iframe width="500" height="400" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://www.arcgis.com/apps/Embed/index.html?webmap=677d824f10b649249000ef034502ed5b&extent=-116.5532..."></iframe>

0 Kudos
TinaGrant
New Contributor III

In the map you link to scrolling-to-zoom is *not* deactivated. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
David_Roth
New Contributor

Hi Tina,

There is another question I have regarding the template.

One of the map journals for Mega Cities

<http://storymaps.esri.com/stories/2014/growth-of-cities/> developed by

ESRI includes a mini-map in the header of the content bar on the left side.

We would like to have the same functionality for our template, since we are

using the same map journal template, but could not figure out yet how to

embed the mini-map into the bar.

You can find our journal here <http://tcc.greenpeace.or.th/>, it would be

great if you could tell us how this can be done.

Thank you very much in advance and I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Best,

David

0 Kudos