Disable adding attachments to existing features on ArcGIS Online?

05-10-2017 04:57 PM
Environment_SouthlandGIS_Servi
New Contributor II

I am trying to configure a Crowdsource App so that the Public can create features with attachments.  I have created a Public View to only display data that is verified and I have it set so that users can only create new features and not edit existing features.  This works great except for attachments where if in edit mode in an AGOL web map, anyone can add any attachments (which are unverified) to any existing verified feature.

Is there a way to disable adding attachments to existing features?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

ArcGIS Configurable Apps

Hi,

Is the web map the web map that is used in your crowdsource app or is it another app? If you own the feature service and open the feature service with full editing capabilities you will have options to add attachments. All other users who access the app shouldn't have the capability to add attachements. If they do, you should get in contact with technical support.

Check out this app and web map to see if you can add attachments to existing items:

App:

GeoForm 

Web Map:

http://arcg.is/00LWuv 

-Kelly

0 Kudos
Environment_SouthlandGIS_Servi
New Contributor II

Hi Kelly,

Thanks for the response.  It is in any web map, because the hosted feature layer is Public, so if I go to AGOL as an anonymous user and search for the feature layer and add it to a new map I can add attachments.

Yes I can add attachments to existing features in your web map, but cannot edit any attributes.

Thanks,

Dean

0 Kudos
KellyGerrow
Esri Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the feedback. I see the issue now. I'll test it out further and post back as this looks like a bug.

For the time being, try securing the rest endpoint so it can only be accessed by the application : Limit Access to Public Layers - Crowdsource Reporter | ArcGIS for Local Government 

-Kelly

0 Kudos