Default Add-on licenses not 'sticking'

04-06-2020 08:41 AM
DeidraHunter
New Contributor II

As a university, all our operations for the time have shifted to online, so I've had more students taking advantage of our single-sign on. I'm having an issue though with the default licenses not 'sticking' to them though. Everything is configured how I want it:

But students are reporting back that they don't have any extensions available. These are all students with new SSO accounts- about 19 in total so far.

4 Replies
JacobLias1
Esri Contributor

Hi Deidra,

Apologies for the inconvenience you're running into, just a couple of questions and quick troubleshooting strategies. 

First off, with regard to SSO, is it set up so that students can automatically join the organization or do you send out an invitation to the students to sign in using their enterprise login?

Second, as a quick workaround, are you still able to manually apply the Pro extensions by going to the members tab > selecting the affected members > managing their add-on licenses?  Here's the step by step documentation on this strategy -> Manage licenses—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

Third, does this only happen for users that are invited to the org using SSO?  If you go through the manual process of inviting a new member to your org, doe the Pro extensions set in the new member defaults "stick" with that process? Here's the documentation -> Invite and add members—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

Thanks for your time, looking forward to your reply.

-Jacob

0 Kudos
DeidraHunter
New Contributor II

Our ITS department set it up via groups so that all students enrolled in GIS classes are granted access to SSO. We don't send out invitations, we just tell the students how to log on and it seems the account is generated that initial logon.

Yes, I can manually apply the extensions as a work around.

I'm not sure as to your third point. I would need to create a test account to see, which I can do a bit later. Previously, it was working that way. I'm unsure if it still is.

0 Kudos
JacobLias1
Esri Contributor

Hi Deidra,

Thanks for the reply with additional information, very much appreciated. 

At this point it would be encouraged to reach out to support services here at Esri -> Esri Support Contact Support 

If the new member default settings work properly when going through a manual invitation process then you may need to dig into what might be happening with the SSO configuration.  Your ITS department may need to be a part of those conversations as well.

Kind regards,

-Jacob

0 Kudos
MarkStewart
Esri Contributor

Hello Deidre.  I am curious whether you ever figured out a cause/solution for this issue of default add-on licenses not "sticking".  This was just reported to me from another university.  Thanks.

0 Kudos