Custom symbols no longer working with Map Viewer out of beta

05-16-2021 07:28 PM
Labels (1)
JamieLambert
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

When the current Map Viewer was in Beta, I was able to use custom symbols. Now that it is out of Beta, this no longer works. I can see my symbol styles listed, though when I select one, it endlessly tries to load.

Has there been a change to this functionality from Beta to Production?

I know there have been other issues with symbols not loading - Custom Web Styles in Map Viewer , though in this case the sharing is set to the Organization for both styles and group - and it was working in Beta.

@RussRoberts

Custom_Symbols.png

The style files were created in Pro from SVG files and published to AGOL. In the Organizations map setting the 2D web style group has been changed to a new group shared to the Organization with the published style files (also shared to the Organization).

Thanks,

Jamie.

0 Kudos
13 Replies
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Custom symbols issue posted originally in this issue was fixed a while back.

If you would like to use the utility network symbols right now you can download this style and publish it to your organization. https://esri-styles.maps.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=c19eacd596794591a0fd8dd7aed38978

We are currently working on supporting symbol styles for lines and polygons from web styles and are planning on a way to discover more styles in Map Viewer that are not included in the defaults and would not require any publishing steps on your end.

As for uploading a single custom icon this is also still on our road map but will not be in the upcoming update.

hope this helps!

Russ

Chris_Rogers
New Contributor II

That's awesome thanks Russ much appreciation for the quick reply and feedback!

0 Kudos
bgomes
by
New Contributor II

Hey @RussRoberts ,
I hope this message find you well and safe.
Do you have some update about this topic?
I can't see any update in new map viewer to put my own simbol.

Thanks

0 Kudos
RussRoberts
Esri Notable Contributor

Yup, the issue was related to the web style published. The key field had a character in it that caused an inaccessible resource. removing the "." from the key fields solved it and then republishing.

0 Kudos