Crowdsource Reporter: restricting access via Facebook (or other social media) log-in?

Jump to solution
01-16-2018 09:20 AM
AZendel
Occasional Contributor III

I've successfully created a Crowdsource Reporter web app using the configurable app. It is hosted in our ArcGIS Online account (not an on-premises server or portal).  Overall, it's been a pretty easy process and I've successfully created the required Facebook app. Then I've been able to log into the CS app using my FB account.  Step 9 of the documentation that guided me through the process of setting up FB access says:

Click App Review in the menu on the left side of the dashboard and enable public access under the Make Public heading. This will allow the public to use their Facebook accounts to sign in to your app. You can still control who can access your application using the ArcGIS sharing permissions.

I cannot find the settings that will allow me to grant access to certain Facebook users. Is that possible? The wording in the above quote makes it sound like I should be able to do that. Or does that last sentence mean we can change certain access options, but only for accounts signed in via ArcGIS Online?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AllisonMuise1

There isn't a way to pick and choose which Facebook users can access the app, but I understand your confusion. What that part of the doc is trying to say is that the overall access to the application is still controlled by the ArcGIS Online sharing settings for the app. AKA if the app, maps, & layers are not shared with Everyone at the ArcGIS level, social media credentials aren't going to get you into the app because you can't even see the app without ArcGIS Online credentials.

I'll take a look at how we can re-word that for the next release to make it clearer.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AllisonMuise1

There isn't a way to pick and choose which Facebook users can access the app, but I understand your confusion. What that part of the doc is trying to say is that the overall access to the application is still controlled by the ArcGIS Online sharing settings for the app. AKA if the app, maps, & layers are not shared with Everyone at the ArcGIS level, social media credentials aren't going to get you into the app because you can't even see the app without ArcGIS Online credentials.

I'll take a look at how we can re-word that for the next release to make it clearer.

0 Kudos