crowdsource reporter app - insert report with AGOL viewer account

10-10-2019 02:16 AM
davygoethals
New Contributor

Hi,

I got the question to investigate the option of creating an app where projectmanagers can input their projects information and draw a simple contour of this on a map. Some research let me to the Crowdsource Reporter App. There, anyone who has access to this app, can enter their project information (in theory).

The app works fine, when you have editing rights. The projectmanagers would only have viewer rights (level 1). So this is where the problems appear.

My thought was, that inviting the projectmanagers to the group where this app is shared with, would allow them to insert their projects. I tested this with a colleague who has these viewer rights, and it turns out this is not possible. They can enter the application with their account, but cannot submit a new report.

Now, here’s the weird part. I could allow anonymous login to the app, and these guests, can submit reports. So a guest can do more compared to an ArcGIS Online viewer in our organisation.

Is this something we can overrule in our privileges of these viewers? Or am I missing something else?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi davy goethals‌,

This appears to be a known bug in Crowdsource Reporter:

BUG-000124254: In Crowdsource Reporter, with a Public published ser.. 

If you have non-viewer user types available in your ArcGIS Online organization, you should be able to create a compatible custom role to work around the issue. 

Hope that helps,

-Peter

0 Kudos